• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Women in IT...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Women in IT...

...can be very good. But as managers they stink especially when they've been parachuted in without having worked up from the ranks. No sense of logic at all, too emotional and manipulative, not to mention just plain silly.
    I'm going to so enjoy exposing this one
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Physically or metaphorically?
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
      Physically or metaphorically?
      The former is not to be contemplated.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

I was once told by a female director that my keyboard was too noisy. I informed her that her office door would cancel out the noise.

Didn't go down too well!

she did tho, and thats why she was a director!

Comment

Originally posted by beeker View Post
          Didn't go down too well!

she did tho, and thats why she was a director!

Comment

Originally posted by beeker View Post
            I was once told by a female director that my keyboard was too noisy. I informed her that her office door would cancel out the noise.
            Claim to suffer from RSI and demand speech recognition software in place of the keyboard.

Then find any excuse to write hundreds of lines of assembly language.

Should get that door shut

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Claim to suffer from RSI and demand speech recognition software in place of the keyboard.

Then find any excuse to write hundreds of lines of assembly language.

Should get that door shut
              and talk in a very loud monotonous voice!

Thankfully though, i'm no longer there....

Comment

I know this will come as a bit of a shock to a few of you but being a tw@t is not the exclusive preserve of blokes.

HTH
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

...can be very good. But as managers they stink especially
                  Are you saying that they are better off in technical positions?
                  I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

...can be very good. But as managers they stink especially when they've been parachuted in without having worked up from the ranks. No sense of logic at all, too emotional and manipulative, not to mention just plain silly.
                    They dont like employing women. The glass ceiling is more the fault of women than of men.

Comment

Working...
                    X