• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Suggestions for utterly bored !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions for utterly bored !

Find your car on google maps !

Nice idea but I don't know where it was when they took the pics.

Comment

this is a contractors board right?

cars

Comment

Originally posted by Likely View Post
        I used to do a similar thing when bored; I'd find news stories with buildings in the background, and try to find the building. For example, when the McCanns were repeatedly interviewed infront of their house or when Fred Dibnahs' house went up for sale.

Mindless, I admit, but it whiled away half an hour or so.
        The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
          I used to do a similar thing when bored; I'd find news stories with buildings in the background, and try to find the building. For example, when the McCanns were repeatedly interviewed infront of their house or when Fred Dibnahs' house went up for sale.

Mindless, I admit, but it whiled away half an hour or so.
          Check out the old "Sharp" building used for armed police training in Manchester.

Look how close to the main road and railway line it is!

F*ckers!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            Check out the old "Sharp" building used for armed police training in Manchester.

Look how close to the main road and railway line it is!

F*ckers!
            There was a funny article in the Sun today, about a couple who checked their house on Google Earth and noticed on the lawn a large shape. This turned out to be their pet giant mastiff having an afternoon nap. So their dog is literally large enough to be visible from space

Comment

Has anyone actually found their car on there - the pics of my house are from around 2000 - before I owned it and show the works that were done that year to extend it and build a garage.

Comment

try an earlier house? it might be outside that one.

of course being contractors none of our cars were built then nest pas?

Comment

Originally posted by Likely View Post
                  Bizarre you should mention it, but I did exactly this today

Comment

When you zoom in on my brother's house, you can see him in the back garden using a laptop. The funny thing is, at the time the photo was taken he was looking at his back garden on Google Earth. If you zoom in close enough and then do the tilty thing so you can see the screen, it opens up a time-and-space tunnel and you can literally travel anywhere on earth by typing in your destination, closing your eyes and jumping into your monitor.

It's 4th house from the end, Cooper Lane, Holmfirth.

Comment

Working...
                    X