• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Johnny Foreigner nicking the UK nuke industry jobs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Johnny Foreigner nicking the UK nuke industry jobs

Oh, spiffy. More security clearance jobs given to Johnny Foreigner.

The government is relaxing immigration rules for the nuclear power industry.

Can't go letting us filthy contractors getting a foot in the door now, can we?

Just WTF is this government all about?
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

They have a lack of qualified people. Anyone with qualifications wants to leave the country.

If feel sorry for those who come over here to work - they will find they live amongst chavs.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      If feel sorry for those who come over here to work - they will find they live amongst chavs.
      the poor and needy

Please limit your language only to official New Labour terminology in future.

Comment

Originally posted by chicane View Post
        the poor and needy

Please limit your language only to official New Labour terminology in future.
        ooops

I think it is a disgrace that 50% of people these days are still poor i.e. of below average income. something must be done.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          ooops

I think it is a disgrace that 50% of people these days are still poor i.e. of below average income. something must be done.
          Ahem.

Only below the median average. For the mean average, it is not 50%.
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Didn't NL use almost those exact words in its manifesto? i.e. definition of poverty was anyone in the 25th percentile of earnings and they wanted to remove them from poverty?

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
              Oh, spiffy. More security clearance jobs given to Johnny Foreigner.

The government is relaxing immigration rules for the nuclear power industry.

Can't go letting us filthy contractors getting a foot in the door now, can we?

Just WTF is this government all about?
              Good post. I can't help shortening your name in my mind to Diickbrain though.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                Woo-hoo! Spot the rocket scientist!

Did Mensa turn you down in case you showed them up?

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                  Did Mensa turn you down in case you showed them up?
                  Yes.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                    <sigh>Bloody kids of today.

The cranium is (I'll keep this simple for you) the head bone. Not the brain.

Comment

Working...
                    X