• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Luxury flats in Poole for rent - £75/week

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luxury flats in Poole for rent - £75/week

Interested?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-just-75.html

THE luxury harbourside apartments have stunning sea views and are built to the highest specifications, with ensuites, walk-in wardrobes, balconies and state-of-the-art kitchens.

Just along the coast is the millionaires' enclave of Sandbanks, where property prices are among the highest in the world.

Yet for dozens of selected tenants at Harbour Reach in Poole, Dorset, the rent is a mere £75 a week - which will probably be paid from state benefits.

Welcome to the best council flats in Britain.

Only available for those on benefits I'm afraid.

Do they come with the 'right to buy' discount after n-years?
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Those unemployed and single-parent tenants fortunate enough to be allocated one of the sought-after properties are naturally delighted. Not so the neighbours who have paid up to £525,000 for a two-bedroom flat.

There are some flats like that near me. They are supposed to go to council employees like nurses, doctors, teachers. But most are chavs - street cleaners, binmen, etcetc.

They built these flats round a playground - gives the teenagers a great place to hang out at night and annoy the locals.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        They built these flats round a playground - gives the teenagers a great place to hang out at night and annoy the locals.
        At least they're all in one place so you can bomb the bastards!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          At least they're all in one place so you can bomb the bastards!
          I would get one of those machines that makes a noise only teenagers can hear!

I work with someone who lives in the flats - I asked him about reports of trouble. He said "it is fine since the nightly police patrols started"

Comment

I am a bit worried about these "luxury" flats across Britain's city centers turning into "Tower Hamlets" in a decade or two.

Looks like a disaster waiting to happen...
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

There are some flats like that near me. They are supposed to go to council employees like nurses, doctors, teachers. But most are chavs - street cleaners, binmen, etcetc.

Streetcleaners and binmen are council employees too (and not chavs, because their work ethic, and willingness to do a sh*tty job for a fraction of the money you earn, keeps you and your family relatively vermin-free). Ever thought what you'd do without them?
              Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Comment

I would get one of those machines that makes a noise only teenagers can hear!

I work with someone who lives in the flats - I asked him about reports of trouble. He said "it is fine since the nightly police patrols started"
                Also known as Lily Allen.

Comment

Originally posted by SizeZero View Post
                  Streetcleaners and binmen are council employees too (and not chavs, because their work ethic, and willingness to do a sh*tty job for a fraction of the money you earn, keeps you and your family relatively vermin-free). Ever thought what you'd do without them?
                  Actually our council has no street cleaners or binman. They are all subbed out to private contractors.

So in effect, the bin men are nearer to ourselves than the nurses and doctors!

Comment

Originally posted by SizeZero View Post
                    I was thinking that while I was typing my reply. I am impressed they have a job.

Maybe the local block is an exception - but from my friend they are not considerate. They make alot of noise, are not very friendly and let their kids do as they please.

Comment

Working...
                    X