• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Windows server 2008 training

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows server 2008 training

Is anyone out there interested in this? I'm booked on a 7 day training course next month - upgrade MCSE2003 to MCITP server admin and enterprise admin boot camp - but at the moment I'm the only person booked - so they are talking about not running the course, and trying to persuade me to go over to the USA - which I don't really want to do.

Believe it's with official MOC material as well - but very hard work. I know - I did their 2000-2003 MCSE upgrade earlier this year.
    They are also doing a 12 day full course for those not MCSE'd already. Same dates - starting 5th July?
    Thought I'd post it just in case anyone was interested. Once they get to 2/3 people the course will go ahead - the US course they are trying to move me to only has 2 people booked

Shows how little demand there is for MCSE's now doesn't it?

Can't you just post £5 to India and get one by return?

Comment

Actually they are getting lots of demand for MCSE2003 courses - they are flying!
      However2008 - now thats a different issue. M$ only released course material about 2 weeks ago though for some of this.
      I'm not sure about the £5 - I think it would be a little higher - perhaps £10. Did you know MS only allow Indian nationals to sit exams in indian centres - and same in china? Not sure how Koenig get round it - I presume their centre is officially somewhere else in the world

Comment

I'd be keen on the 2003 MCSE as i've only got a couple of MCP's at the moment. Can you post any links please?

Also might be worth doing the 2008 course, i'm moving to Oz in August so I think the 2003 course might be better for me!

Comment

www.ambilogic.co.uk

The last course I was on they added extra dates for me- but messed up the dates thinking they could align me with the full 2003 group- so for half the time it was actually 1-1. At some points I actually had 2 trainers to myself. Did mean we got through the material faster though. The rest of the time I joined with the other group of 4.
          Don't think they'll do 1-1 again though - could be pushing it a bit

Comment

Get a real job, FFS!

Comment

Glad to see youre in such a nice mood today

Comment

Originally posted by dmini View Post
                Actually they are getting lots of demand for MCSE2003 courses - they are flying!
                However2008 - now thats a different issue. M$ only released course material about 2 weeks ago though for some of this.
                I'm not sure about the £5 - I think it would be a little higher - perhaps £10. Did you know MS only allow Indian nationals to sit exams in indian centres - and same in china? Not sure how Koenig get round it - I presume their centre is officially somewhere else in the world
                I believe they do the needful and make you wear a turban when sitting the exam.

Comment

Working...
                X