• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wilmslow - and getting pissed on...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilmslow - and getting pissed on...

I read this in the BMJ...

Originally posted by <Liam Farrell general practitioner, Crossmaglen, County Armagh>
    Two months ago I went to France for the European rugby semi-final between Munster and Toulouse. As francophile as Belloc (every civilised man has two native countries, his own and France), I wanted to look like a local, so I wore a pair of stylish shorts.

At half time, like the other 40 000 in attendance, I had to visit the bathroom, and it was there that I had a most revealing and refreshing experience.

As we stood shoulder to shoulder in the men’s urinal, rejoicing in the sensual
    delights of what Thomas More described in Utopia as one of life’s great pleasures, I began to feel little droplets tinkling pitter-patter, like the tap-dancing feet of Astaire, on my bare legs.

I should emphasise that, unsanitary as this may seem, of itself it was not an unpleasant nor disturbing experience, like having a controversial obituary
    written about me in the BMJ. The droplets, no doubt influenced by the vast
    amounts of beer and wine consumed, were softened and diluted, like a
    renaissance fountain in an Italian piazza on a hot and humid day or like the
    caress of gentle rain on naked and hungover skin on a soft Irish morning in
    spring. The sunlight created whimsical little rainbows in the mist, and despite a few shoves from behind and many playful cries of “vite, vite,” a congenial
    ambience of masculine bonhomie and good fellowship thrived.

But I have been brooding, and what once seemed innocent has since opened
    a Pandora’s box of doubt and excessive personal daintiness. There is a bigger,
    less romantic picture; obviously this is happening all the time. It is happening
    to each one of us, but we don’t notice it because we are wearing trousers, and it is our unfortunate trousers that bear the brunt of other people’s enthusiasm and exuberance and inaccuracy.

The experience has significantly modified my behaviour. I’d always had an
    insouciant attitude to other people’s body fluids, and been quite comfortable
    with my body, outgoing and chatty even in those most intimate moments as the sphincters open, whereas now I am reserved and taciturn and require large amounts of space and privacy before voiding.

I am particularly circumspect of those in the company with a vigorous
    stream. Can you identify the streamer in your group? He could be sitting next to you right now.
    Hell of a use of the English language...

Does this mean we should go in a cubicle and sit down to pee?

Women would love that...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Does this mean we should go in a cubicle and sit down to pee?

Women would love that...
      Word to the wise...

They do that already...

Comment

Noticed the same phenomenon myself even when I am the only one there. I came to the conclusion that its not primarily stray streams that are the cause but splashback from the urinal.

There's obviously a huge opportunity here for a stream-dampening, splashproof coating for urinals. Watch out for me next week on Dragon's Den.

Comment

They're already designed to promote laminar flow. The trick is to aim straight ahead, and never into water.

If you have trouble peeing while sitting down, then you need to see a doc. about your prostate.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by gadgetman View Post
            There's obviously a huge opportunity here for a stream-dampening, splashproof coating for urinals. Watch out for me next week on Dragon's Den.
            Yep and I've already got of a name for it: 'the bathroom sink'.
            Last edited by TimberWolf; 11 June 2008, 11:32. Reason: speeling

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              Yep and I've already got of a name for it: 'the bathroom sink'.
              I see you've stayed in that cheap B&B with a sink but no en-suite too.
              Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post

University room
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  University room
                  You can always tell, the chrome drain ring is rusty.
                  Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
                    The bathroom sink is exquisitely well designed for purpose, i.e. for weeing in by males. It works way better than a loo, which seems to have been designed to scatter wee around and create clouds of wee vapour. The sink is environmentally friendly too, and can't really be faulted as a urinal.

Comment

Working...
                    X