• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

42 day detention

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

42 day detention

Anyone here actually agree with this ill thought out POS piece of legislation only being pursued by a bullying prime minister out of his depth, fighting for his political survival and that of his authoritarian government?

Apologies if there is a thread on this already
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

I sometimes think these jokers actually want to provoke an uprising.

But that's politicians for you.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

We must be seen to act on terror and the causes of terror!

Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells!

Comment

I have it on good authority the amount of time it is now taking the security services to decrypte information on a suspect's computer is proportional to the new legislation.

Go figure.

But for 3K a day, that's sexed it up for me, come and arrest me I'm here!!
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Should be 84 days.

42 days is far too soon to expect our public services to getting round to actually doing any work.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
            Anyone here actually agree with this ill thought out POS piece of legislation only being pursued by a bullying prime minister out of his depth, fighting for his political survival and that of his authoritarian government?

Apologies if there is a thread on this already
            I agree. Schools should be able to give children 42 days detention.

Comment

They need 42 days to come up with the charges because they arrest them then go on holiday for 28 of then, off sick for 10. Either that or they are far too busy having tea witht the neighbours that they need the time.

Why is it other countries - admititly much further advanced than the UK - have maximum days of 4 (Oz?). Even the US has only 1 day. What's the deal with the UK?
              McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
              Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Indefinite I say...
                "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  I have it on good authority the amount of time it is now taking the security services to decrypte information on a suspect's computer is proportional to the new legislation.

Go figure.

But for 3K a day, that's sexed it up for me, come and arrest me I'm here!!
                  No, it's 3K for the whole 42-day "stay"

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
                    Indefinite I say...
                    No you don't.
                    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                    X