• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Top Secret Terror Files Left On Train

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top Secret Terror Files Left On Train

Don't you think this country (or at least the people "running" it) is becoming more of a joke every day? On the one hand we have the government saying they want to keep people locked up for long periods if they suspect them of being involved in terrorism, and on the other hand we have someone working for the government not only walking around with top secret files about terrorism, but leaving the effing things on a train. UNBE-EFFING-LIEVEABLE!

It makes me SO

Whoever is responsible should be locked up in the tower for a lot longer than 42 days.

Moose

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
    Don't you think this country (or at least the people "running" it) is becoming more of a joke every day? On the one hand we have the government saying they want to keep people locked up for long periods if they suspect them of being involved in terrorism, and on the other hand we have someone working for the government not only walking around with top secret files about terrorism, but leaving the effing things on a train. UNBE-EFFING-LIEVEABLE!

It makes me SO

Whoever is responsible should be locked up in the tower for a lot longer than 42 days.

Moose
    WHS

They are a joke. No way they are getting my fingerprints for their effing National ID database.

Comment

Complacence of often closely followed by carelessness -

According to the BBC's own report the files would seem to be authentic.

If we really cared about the so called threats we are facing this would never of happened.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Complacence of often closely followed by carelessness -

According to the BBC's own report the files would seem to be authentic.

If we really cared about the so called threats we are facing this would never of happened.
        Also according to the BBC the report should never have left the building.

I'll also tell you where I think the report came from. The NSA either through GCHQ or on its way to.

Consider the classification of clearance... Canada, USA, Britain and Australian Eyes only. All have major NSA outposts...

or

Comment

Probably a septic. Remember years ago the Yanks said they were going to stop giving UK info as it was being leaked to the oppo. On investigation turned out every leak came from the septics, given out as press briefings.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Might have been deliberate, to try and nudge yesterday's 42 day detention vote the wrong way for GB.

It's quite possible the security services not only aren't especially keen on these powers (as was reported) but actively against. Sounds counterintuitive, when you'd think their approval would be a no-brainer, but consider how much more reluctant members of the public, muslims in particular, will be to report anything suspicious now, when they'd fear becoming a suspect themselves and have their lives ruined by such a long detention.

Would you want to get involved? I wouldn't - Once the cops/spooks get an idea into their heads, it's often very difficult if not impossible to get it out again!

Comment

Must have been someone fairly senior in the Cabinet Office. What a muppet.

He or she will be sitting at home today in Surrey with a career in tatters.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post

swinging from the branch of a mighty oak before sunset!

Shirley?

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post

No doubt on full pay with an early retirement package in the post.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
                    No doubt on full pay with an early retirement package in the post.
                    I bet the f*ckers don't lose that parcel!

Comment

Working...
                    X