• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is everyone doing this weekend?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is everyone doing this weekend?

I am finishing early and heading off to the pub!

It is my brother's 40th this year, so taking him on a piss up weekend to Madrid...

I have never been to Madrid, so if anyone knows of any good pubs etc...much appreciated!

Hope you all have a good one, whatever \ whoever you are doing!!
    "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
    I am finishing early and heading off to the pub!

It is my brother's 40th this year, so taking him on a piss up weekend to Madrid...

I have never been to Madrid, so if anyone knows of any good pubs etc...much appreciated!

Hope you all have a good one, whatever \ whoever you are doing!!
    I went to Madrid couple of years ago and spent most of the time in an O'neils bar.
    We also went on Real Madrid's stadium tour. Take the underground to the stadium - it was only a couple of quid.

We stopped in a hotel off Grand Via, walking distance to Plaza De Mayo.

Comment

I'm flying to Switzerland tonight, then driving to Berne in the morning. Drinking heineken with the dutch all day and night. Then driving to Innsbruck to carry on drinking with the Swedes for Saturday & Sunday night. Fly back on Monday night.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Real Madrid stadium tour is worth a pop, the underground is definately the way to go. I was there for the Aberdeen V's Atletico game and would say watch your wallet as they are a bunch of thieving dego's!

I'm heading to Edinburgh this weekend to catch up with some friends, nothing quite as exciting as you Moscow!

Comment

I shall be competing in the Nordic24.
          It's a 24 hour mountain bike race, and the point is to get as many laps in in 24 hours as possible. I shall be doing it solo this year. Looks like there'll be a good deal of mud, as the forecast is for rain, but I doubt it will be quite as bad as last year.

I'm already charging battery sets for the night time laps.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
            I went to Madrid couple of years ago and spent most of the time in an O'neils bar.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
              I shall be competing in the Nordic24.
              It's a 24 hour mountain bike race, and the point is to get as many laps in in 24 hours as possible. I shall be doing it solo this year. Looks like there'll be a good deal of mud, as the forecast is for rain, but I doubt it will be quite as bad as last year.

I'm already charging battery sets for the night time laps.
              That does not sound like a great deal of fun. Surely you get bored going round in circles. Not my bag but figured half the enjoyment of cycle races was seeing the countryside etc?

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                That does not sound like a great deal of fun. Surely you get bored going round in circles. Not my bag but figured half the enjoyment of cycle races was seeing the countryside etc?
                Nah, you're too busy to get bored. It's hard work...
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

I have no plans this weekend

So I am going to spend as much time in my PJ's as possible watching TV in between going to the gym and being virtuous on my pre-holiday diet
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                    I have no plans this weekend

So I am going to spend as much time in my PJ's as possible watching TV in between going to the gym and being virtuous on my pre-holiday diet
                    I'll be round at 10:30.

Comment

Working...
                    X