• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

senior tory resignation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

senior tory resignation

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7450627.stm

Must be some rent boys involved in this somewhere, it don't make sense to me.

Shadow home secretary David Davis is set to resign as an MP, the BBC understands
    He wouldn't be on any mailing lists for top secret documentation would he? Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7450627.stm

Must be some rent boys involved in this somewhere, it don't make sense to me.
      I heard him on Radio 4 this morning talking about the 42-days thing, he didn't hint at anything like this. Very odd.

Comment

Just like Francis Pym (Falklands) and Michael Heseltine (Westland) who both resigned cabinet positions over a matter of principle David Davies is a vocal opponent of the 42 detention and I think it is this he is resigning over.

Of course we will have to wait until he gives a speech or press conferenance to see the real reason.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
          He wouldn't be on any mailing lists for top secret documentation would he? Just a thought.
          That was my first thought too. However his constituemcy is in Yorkshire, not Surrey.

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
            That was my first thought too. However his constituemcy is in Yorkshire, not Surrey.
            He heard ~Craig~ was coming to Yorkshire for the week, and wanted to be available.
            Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

So Cameron's done a deal with him then. Resign his (safe-ish) seat, keep the 42 day thing on the national agenda for an increasingly unpopular government (at the same time shunting their Commons win off it), throw in another Tory by election win along with Boris's old seat, and - if he loses - we'll soon see Lord Davis leading the tories in the Lords. High risk, which they can afford to take, very clever.
              Last edited by moorfield; 12 June 2008, 12:39.

Comment

Originally posted by zathras View Post
                Just like Francis Pym (Falklands) and Michael Heseltine (Westland) who both resigned cabinet positions over a matter of principle David Davies is a vocal opponent of the 42 detention and I think it is this he is resigning over.

Of course we will have to wait until he gives a speech or press conferenance to see the real reason.
                I don't get it. The Tories opposed it, surely if there are any senior Labour MPs with a social consience it should be them that are resigning, not the conservatives
                "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
                  surely if there are any senior Labour MPs with a social consience...
                  .. and just *there* is where you made your wrong turning....
                  Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

exactly, the NL MP's were more concerned about keeping their snouts in the trough to consider what this bill meant.

last night all the reports stated that public opinion wanted this but I don't think I have met anybody who supported it.
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X