• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FOR SALE!!! One seat on the Bench

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FOR SALE!!! One seat on the Bench

New contract confirmed this morning after just less than 2 weeks on the Bench

Not been on the forum for a while as I couldn't take all the doom and gloom about the market etc etc whilst I was off it would've just made me even more worried about not getting work again.

The new job is in Guildford which means I'm away from home for the first time in well over a year... Oh Well better than not working.

anyone recomend where to live whilst in Guildford????

and anyone currently on the Bench I can highly recomend on ITV4

Qunicy M.E. Soooperb

Ironside avoid at all cost's

Originally posted by roadster198 View Post

Comment

Not been on the forum for a while as I couldn't take all the doom and gloom about the market etc etc whilst I was off it would've just made me even more worried about not getting work again.

The new job is in Guildford which means I'm away from home for the first time in well over a year... Oh Well better than not working.

anyone recomend where to live whilst in Guildford????

and anyone currently on the Bench I can highly recomend on ITV4

Qunicy M.E. Soooperb

Ironside avoid at all cost's
      which company? an educational one? i stay at the Holiday Inn when there (at least once a month).
      I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
        which company? an educational one? i stay at the Holiday Inn when there (at least once a month).
        I was there last year, the Holiday Inn is very nice in summer if you want something air-conditioned. Alternatively, the Ramada-Jarvis on the Leatherhead road is good if you get one of the updated studio rooms.

My own favourite is the Manor House Hotel, just because of its Olde Worlde charm, and all the funny old pensioners who work in the bar and restaurant, it's a really quirky place and you'll either love it or hate it. The new rooms above the gym are nicest, except the sound insulation isn't great and when someone starts on the treadmill at 6:30 in the morning it gets quite annoying

Edit: And well done for getting off the bench!
        ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Well done mate

Comment

Congrats! I can put my feet up now there's a bit more room
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
              Congrats! I can put my feet up now there's a bit more room
              Oi! Get your feet off my lap!

Comment

Thank you all. I'm not going to slum it and after looking at the serviced appartments it could work out cheaper than the hotels. I'm looking into it now. Well seeing I got a rate increase

Comment

Thank you all. I'm not going to slum it and after looking at the serviced appartments it could work out cheaper than the hotels. I'm looking into it now. Well seeing I got a rate increase
                  Ooh rub it in a bit, why don't you

I did work in Guildford for a bit and I gather the pubs in the town centre (near the station) can be a bit - ahem - 'lively' . Ask one of the local cabbies to recommend a good boozer as an alternative.
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points
                  Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                  As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                    Ooh rub it in a bit, why don't you

I did work in Guildford for a bit and I gather the pubs in the town centre (near the station) can be a bit - ahem - 'lively' . Ask one of the local cabbies to recommend a good boozer as an alternative.
                    Cheers matey I need all the local info I can get.... I love my sleep and would hate for it to be disturbed

I was thinking along the lines below

http://www.properazzi.com/property/2...4619/3/7/pserp

Does this SCREAM!!! contractor to fellow colleagues at my new place of employment???

Comment

Working...
                    X