• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fuel Strikes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Strikes

So with the chance that by the time i get home there will be a queue of people at my local Shell garage has anyone spotted any panic buyers at the pumps yet ?
    Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Originally posted by Cooperinliverp00l View Post
    So with the chance that by the time i get home there will be a queue of people at my local Shell garage has anyone spotted any panic buyers at the pumps yet ?
    The shell on the way in this morning was jammed....

I've heard of tesco's in Southend running out on Monday & Tuesday

Comment

Tesco at "Bar Hill" Cambridgeshire ran out of diesel yesterday.

Thank **** I got rid of the Skoda and only have two V8 petrol engines to worry about!

Comment

The garage near work was full to bursting this morning. Idiots. I had to queue for 10 minutes to top my Hyundai up. And you dont get much change from £10 either.

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

It's not a fuel strike as such, the tanker drivers want better pay and conditions.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
            It's not a fuel strike as such, the tanker drivers want better pay and conditions.
            Don't we all. Especially with the price of fuel at the moment!

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
              I caught the last bit of a spokeswoman from Shell on Radio 4 this morning.

She was making the point that the customer is being unfairly dragged into a union dispute.

THATS THE ******* POINT OF A STRIKE
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                Thank **** I got rid of the Skoda and only have two V8 petrol engines to worry about!
                You are Icarus and I claim my 5 faux crystal tumblers.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

was talking to mate on the phone last night as he left the queue of panic buyers at Sainsburys in Wrexham.
                  I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

There were queues to get into one of the garages round here last night, and that was causing long tailbacks in three different directions as it's on a roundabout. Duh.

Coincidentally, I'm going away this weekend and my car's low fuel light just came on. I will be a panic buyer at lunchtime.

Comment

Working...
                    X