• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Earliest childhood memory

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earliest childhood memory

What's the earliest thing you can remember? Is it you or someone else speaking or an image/sound, or other? I can remember stuff I was thinking about before I started school but can't pin down the age exactly, I guess around 4. For example I can just about remember learning to ride a bike (with stabilisers) and that must have been quite an early age. After the age of 5 more things are remembered and memories get more complete rapidly after that.

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    What's the earliest thing you can remember? Is it you or someone else speaking or an image/sound, or other? I can remember stuff I was thinking about before I started school but can't pin down the age exactly, I guess around 4. For example I can just about remember learning to ride a bike (with stabilisers) and that must have been quite an early age. After the age of 5 more things are remembered and memories get more complete rapidly after that.
    I remember hardly anything from my childhood, even during primary school and later, it's highly annoying. Everyone else seems to recall loads. I suspect the late-teens boozing may have killed off a few too many brain cells....

Comment

The first thing I remember was sitting on a potty playing with a big tube full of plastic letters. It was when we lived in France, so I must have been about 2 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by Tensai View Post
        I remember hardly anything from my childhood, even during primary school and later, it's highly annoying. Everyone else seems to recall loads. I suspect the late-teens boozing may have killed off a few too many brain cells....
        Ditto, that and it was a tulip upbringing!
        I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

I cant remember anything.
          I think I may have either been ghost hacked or I am a replicant.
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
            I cant remember anything.
            I think I may have either been ghost hacked or I am a replicant.

Shirley?

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
              Ditto, that and it was a tulip upbringing!
              I remember things about childhood such as primary/secondary stuff only when someone reminds me! Met a guy I used to hang about with at school the other day, and he was like "yeah remember when we played - world cuppy - we used to kick ass in a team".. Then I remembered we used to always play in a pair at world cuppy at lunchtimes etc.

I'd have never remebered if he hadn't brought it up - really annoying! Wonder what else i've forgotten!?!

*world cuppy is where a group of your mates play football in pair's against each other with one keeper, usually on a 1 and through basis then for the semi's 2, and final 3's the winner! You also have to pick a team, being sure to try and get brazil before anyone else did!!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

Shirley?
                Warum?

What are you trying to tell us doggy?
                I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
                  The first thing I remember was sitting on a potty playing with a big tube full of plastic letters. It was when we lived in France, so I must have been about 2 years old.
                  The first thing I remember was sitting on a potty playing with a big tube.

Comment

Standing on the quayside watching HMS Albion coming into dock in Portsmouth after her last deployment before being decommissioned. Was there cos dad was a subbie on board.

I would have been 4 at the time.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X