• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Insurance to company owned vehicles

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insurance to company owned vehicles

Afternoon, I am looking at transfering my motorcycle into the Ltd company. I will have to change the log book to reflect this, and get new insurance.

Does anyone know any inurance broker / companies that withh be able to quote me up? Thanks

Try Carole Nash. I don't know if you have to register the bike in the Company name or not though. After all, that is the registered keeper and not necessarily the owner

Comment

Originally posted by aceboy View Post
      Afternoon, I am looking at transfering my motorcycle into the Ltd company. I will have to change the log book to reflect this, and get new insurance.

Does anyone know any inurance broker / companies that withh be able to quote me up? Thanks
      You will financially better off if you sell you bike to your uncle, aunt girlfriend etc and then they lease it to your company. The full cost of leasing is tax deductible.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

It's possible for the company to own the company car/bike, but for the registration and insurance to be in your own name, with you claiming the cost back from the company as expenses. That way you don't make insuring more difficult and more expensive.
        Last edited by IR35 Avoider; 20 June 2008, 09:58.

Comment

Originally posted by aceboy View Post

Have we reached a point in time when because of increases in the price of fuel, it is actually cheaper to have a company vehicle than to claim mileage?

Comment

Originally posted by IR35 Avoider View Post
            It's possible for the company to own the company car/bike, but for the registration and insurance to be in your own name, with you claiming the cost back from the company as expenses. That way you don't make insuring more difficult and more expensive.
            Are you absolutely sure about that? I do subscribe to the idea that you can be the registered keper without being the owner

Comment

Originally posted by Integrity View Post
              Have we reached a point in time when because of increases in the price of fuel, it is actually cheaper to have a company vehicle than to claim mileage?
              You need to model it for your circumstances. In my opinion, only if tou take a motorcycle, a van or a car that's under 120g/Km

Comment

Originally posted by Hiram King Of Tyre View Post
                Are you absolutely sure about that? I do subscribe to the idea that you can be the registered keper without being the owner
                It depends on the insurers. Some will insist that the insurer is the owner of the vehicle, some will insist that the insurer is the registered keeper. Dobtless some may insist on both.

Just make sure the insurer knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Hiram King Of Tyre View Post
                  You need to model it for your circumstances. In my opinion, only if tou take a motorcycle, a van or a car that's under 120g/Km
                  Then perhaps one of the following will happen soon...

1) Increase the price per mile in line with actual expenses.

2) Increase the BIK taxes associated with corporate vehicles.

Comment

Working...
                  X