• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pensions.... that's me well tucked up then...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pensions.... that's me well tucked up then...

National Mutual -> G.E. Pensions -> Swiss Re "Tomorrow" -> Windsor Life...

Last statement from G.E. dated Jan 2007... £55k.

Latest & first statement since then from Windsor Life £7.5k.

Where the feck has my £48k gone then?

Silly Question.

It's bought some **** a Porsche.

Ah, it was you that paid for it.

Many thanks. It's a nice shiny red one too.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Wow!! That's even worse than Equitable Life with the help of Gordon Brown did to me.

Just get a few cheapy buy-to-lets and you'll do fine. Forget pensions!!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Where the flip has my £48k gone then?

Silly Question.

Have you asked? Is it an admin error? I see they have some PC issues - does Wilmslow work for them?

Comment

Silly Question.

I'd feel decidedly sick in your position.

Comment

Has to be an error surely. Or is it?

http://www.pukiemon.com/pensions.htm
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Thank Goodness Ive never paid into any pension fund whatsoever !

I will adminster the lethal injection when Ive had enough - I'll even pay for the shot.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                I shall contribute no more... and I'm getting out of this tedious job for something more remunerative asap.
                But Zeity, you're our honorary contractor-who-is-really-a-permie.

Surely you can't become a real one of us too?

It's listening to your stories of providing lectures to empty rooms, watching you posting relentlessly to ContractorUK during lecture time and generally plodding through each day that provides stability to our lives.

We all know that should, for some reason, we lose the will to continue with the ongoing fear of contract termination and skills redundancy, that we could always go into higher education and wile away the hours lusting after collleagues.

If you go contract, what hope is there for us? (And it'll bugger up your post count!)
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Silly Question.

did you invest in a fund that was risky? Leveraged far east fund or something..or maybe leveraged US real estate.

Pension "management" fees are normally around 1%, so would cost you £750 in that time.

Dunno, xogg... it's confirmed my original prejudices against all pensions as legalised theft.

I shall contribute no more... and I'm getting out of this tedious job for something more remunerative asap.
                  How is it "confirmed"? Get a grip man!

Comment

Silly Question.

If you'd been a public sector drone, it would have gone the other way ..
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X