• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blood donation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blood donation

Just received an email re: blood donation from the client. Part of it reads

Please note that in any of the following circumstances you may not donate blood:

· If you are under 18 years
    · Within 72 hours of receiving dental treatment (including dental hygiene)
    · Within four weeks of being immunised against yellow fever, cholera, typhoid fever, poliomyelitis,
    measles, mumps, rubella or tuberculosis
    · Within 48 hours of any other immunisation
    · Within four weeks of having a temperature of more than 38°C
    · If you have returned from a malarious area within the preceding six months
    · If you have had a tattoo within the preceding six months
    · If you have unhealed skin piercing

· If you were resident in Great Britain or Northern Ireland for more than 6 months between 1980 and 1996

BSE maybe?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

i see that use of hookers is off the list
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

If you were resident in Great Britain or Northern Ireland for more than 6 months between 1980 and 1996
      Well that's just wiped a shedload of donors from the list?

WTF?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

WTF?
        It's BSE - I can't give blood as I had a transfusion in 1980. Their loss as it's really good stuff as well!

The question from blood.org.uk reads "Have you received blood since January 1st 1980" so the OP may have a bit of typo from client co:-)
        Last edited by ctdctd; 16 June 2008, 09:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

WTF?
          He's in Switzerland. They don't want poor quality British blood.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Have you seen Heidi?

Now she was a mad cow!

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              I suppose if they get British blood in their people they might stand up to evil dictators instead of burying their heads in the sand.

I once had a swiss work colleague try to convince me their army was a force to be reckoned with - particularly in the mountains.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Just received an email re: blood donation from the client. Part of it reads

Please note that in any of the following circumstances you may not donate blood:

· If you are under 18 years
                · Within 72 hours of receiving dental treatment (including dental hygiene)
                · Within four weeks of being immunised against yellow fever, cholera, typhoid fever, poliomyelitis,
                measles, mumps, rubella or tuberculosis
                · Within 48 hours of any other immunisation
                · Within four weeks of having a temperature of more than 38°C
                · If you have returned from a malarious area within the preceding six months
                · If you have had a tattoo within the preceding six months
                · If you have unhealed skin piercing

· If you were resident in Great Britain or Northern Ireland for more than 6 months between 1980 and 1996

BSE maybe?
                UK Version
                You should never give blood if:

1 You carry the hepatitis B virus, the hepatitis C virus or the HIV virus.
                2 You're a man who's had sex with another man, even safe sex using a condom.
                No pooftas
                3 You've ever worked as a prostitute.
                4 You've ever injected yourself with drugs - even once.
                You should not give blood for 12 months after sex with:
                1 A man who has had sex with another man (if you're a female).
                2 A prostitute.
                3 Anyone who has ever injected themselves with drugs.
                4 Anyone with haemophilia or a related blood clotting disorder who has received clotting factor concentrates.
                5 Anyone of any race who has been sexually active in parts of the world where AIDS/HIV is very common. This includes countries in Africa.
                No matter how you word it, it still means darkies from Africa
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I once had a swiss work colleague try to convince me their army was a force to be reckoned with - particularly in the mountains
                  Yes. They go to pieces so quickly that people get hit by the shrapnel.

Not that Switzerland didn't collaborate, but given that they were entirely surrounded by Axis, or Axis-occupied nations, it's hard to see that they could have done much other than continue to trade.

The majority of Swiss were ideologically opposed to Nazi philosophy. This is why they weren't annexed like Austria was.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

That lot will have eliminated about 70% of the UK.
                    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
                    X