• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Office 2007

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Office 2007

WTF?

OMG!

What have they done!

Should see "sales" of open office go through the ceiling.

Did you buy / receive this? Should have asked me - could have saved you some time. Do not install if at all possible.

I think the worst thing about Office 2007 is that there is no compatability mode. You can't just say "thank you for the new layout and features, but I'd rather be able to be productive and have the old style"

Oh, that and the fact that word saves files by default in .docx format, so anyone receiving that file on 97-2003 can't use it.

Comment

menus are much better arranged once you get used to them

as for saving as docx by default - change the default in the options control
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

You've only just found out about this?
        Tis a typical MS feckup
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          You've only just found out about this?
          Tis a typical MS flipup
          I've been merrily using Office 2003 at home and client are using Windows 3.1 with Office 1 I think.

New laptop and I have MS Actions pack with Office 2007 Enterprise and thinks, what the hell, lets give it a go.

30 second later - uninstall.

Productivity increases 100000%

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by bobhope View Post
            Oh, that and the fact that word saves files by default in .docx format, so anyone receiving that file on 97-2003 can't use it.
            In my version on Vista you can save in 97-2003 format, but .docx is the default you have to search the dropdown for other formats.
            Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              I've been merrily using Office 2003 at home and client are using Windows 3.1 with Office 1 I think.

New laptop and I have MS Actions pack with Office 2007 Enterprise and thinks, what the hell, lets give it a go.

30 second later - uninstall.

Productivity increases 100000%

HTH
              Luddite
              Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

The only reason people stick with MS office is the comfort factor.

They know it and they are productive in it. Most would switch to a free solution such as Open Office but are afraid of a learning curve and loss of productivity.

Now MS have made this vile ribbon thing in Office 2007, you have a learning curve. I tried to figure out where Print Area - Set Print Area was but gave up after 10 minutes.

So now you can either buy an office product you don't know how to use or get a free one.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
                  Luddite
                  so much for this being an "IT" contractor portal
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by bobhope View Post
                    Did you buy / receive this? Should have asked me - could have saved you some time. Do not install if at all possible.

I think the worst thing about Office 2007 is that there is no compatability mode. You can't just say "thank you for the new layout and features, but I'd rather be able to be productive and have the old style"

yes they can. Office 2007 compatibility pack is available for download for users of 2003 and maybe 2000.

If you are still running office 97 then not opening docx files is the least of your worries. Might as well go back to word perfect eh!!

Change -

Edit: can someone running win3.1 afford to pay your daily rate?! - Wow.

Comment

Working...
                    X