• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Family Holiday

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family Holiday

Hi y'all

We are planning on our first proper family holiday next Nov to Orlando in the U....S and A.

Anyone got a Villa out there or house they would like to give CUK member a discount on ? PM me we any details if you don't want them made public

Thanks
    Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Originally posted by Cooperinliverp00l View Post
    Hi y'all

We are planning on our first proper family holiday next Nov to Orlando in the U....S and A.

Anyone got a Villa out there or house they would like to give CUK member a discount on ? PM me we any details if you don't want them made public

Thanks
    By Nov, you should just escape the hurricane season!!

Comment

Just buy one, they're cheap as chips:

linky
      Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

What size of security deposit do you think is acceptable (e.g. enough) to handover the keys to your house to a bunch of scousers?
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
          What size of security deposit do you think is acceptable (e.g. enough) to handover the keys to your house to a bunch of scousers?
          Cheeky sod, I am a scouser and I resent that. I could get in without the keys

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

http://www.orlandovillas.com/

Hired one from here a couple of years ago. Absolute doddle. Try and get one as near as possible to Disney. Some of them are quite a way out (that is, if you're intending to go to Disney).

Tip - get the "A Brit's guide to Orlando" book.

Tip - hire the biggest b4stard of a people carrier you can get. Ours was like a truck and my son loved it.

Finally, find out the back route into Disney. There's a road the staff use and it saves loads of time getting in.
            Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

We did 10 theme parks in 19 days over Xmas and New Year in 2006/7. We've got three kids who are 19, 16 and 12.

We stayed here which was great and near to everything.

Yes the Brit's guide is good but IMHO it's a little "Sun reader" (no offence). The latest version Unofficial Guides with the park plans in the back are superb - worth every penny. They are essential to getting the best from the theme parks - we saw all the best stuff and missed most of the crowds without it becoming too much of a route march.
              Last edited by Lockhouse; 17 June 2008, 07:05.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                Cheeky sod, I am a scouser and I resent that. I could get in without the keys
                That explains all of the food stealing threads then...
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                  We did 10 theme parks in 19 days over Xmas and New Year in 2006/7. We've got three kids who are 19, 16 and 12.

We stayed here which was great and near to everything.

Yes the Brit's guide is good but IMHO it's a little "Sun reader" (no offence). The latest version Unofficial Guides with the park plans in the back are superb - worth every penny. They are essential to getting the best from the theme parks - we saw all the best stuff and missed most of the crowds without it becoming too much of a route march.
                  We went in 2005 but stayed on I-Drive (had no kids) did all the parks except for the water ones in 10 days had a excellent time and decided to go back again.
                  Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

We're going this autumn too with the kids. I'm doing my research now. Last time was about 10 years ago and I remember Florida being pretty cheap.

But have you seen the ticket prices today? $70 park entrance!!! With 2 kids that's $250 a day. I know it gets cheaper for multi-day and hotels are not the bargain I remember them to be, never mind the disney ones - $400 a night.

Think my memory is going, or maybe it's because everything is now x 4 people (with kids) instead of x 2. ACtually I'm going to check my credit card statements from 1998.

Comment

Working...
                    X