• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That sinking feeling

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That sinking feeling

My working life is a series of minor humiliations. On an almost daily basis i put my foot in it with the finance guru's at work, and expose myself as a complete knob. Some days, they put me on the spot to explain something and i just can't get my words out, like a naughty schoolboy. Of course, I can explain all about the finer details to my missus, later at home.

Work for me is about avoiding the sack most of the time. Working my bollox off for long hours just to deliver something quite average that almost works, sort of, most of the time. Forget career progression. I'm just trying to keep my head above water long enough to build my skills up to the next decent rate increase.

I am truly sh1t at my job.

Good. Next!

Quit finance and get a gig in the public sector.

You'll fit in nicely.

Comment

<<canned laughter>>

ps. Do you work in my office?

Comment

you should get into .Net

Milan.

Comment

Sounds like a prime candidate for senior management in a pharma company.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Wilmslow is that you?
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
              Wilmslow is that you?
              Damn, beat me to it.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post

I am truly tulip at my job.
                You're probably not alone on this board!!

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
                X