• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

sombre thought

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sombre thought

Reference the guy who gassed his children. There's been a few instances over the last couple of years of dad's taking extreme action in the face of divorce, access to their children etc (and I'm talking extreme, not dressing as a super hero).

Made me wonder if this is the action of a few men taken beyond the edge of their coping system or whether it is partly to do with the underlying discrimination in the court system (and govt in general, look at the IVF news currently) against fathers.

Just a thought...
    Older and ...well, just older!!

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
    Reference the guy who gassed his children. There's been a few instances over the last couple of years of dad's taking extreme action in the face of divorce, access to their children etc (and I'm talking extreme, not dressing as a super hero).

Made me wonder if this is the action of a few men taken beyond the edge of their coping system or whether it is partly to do with the underlying discrimination in the court system (and govt in general, look at the IVF news currently) against fathers.

Just a thought...
    It isn't extreme action, it's the murder of two innocent children. Doesn't matter how biased/unfair the court system is, nothing comes anywhere near to justifying what he did.
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
      It isn't extreme action, it's the murder of two innocent children. Doesn't matter how biased/unfair the court system is, nothing comes anywhere near to justifying what he did.
      Desperate men take desperate measures.
      There are no excuses, but something drove him to do what he did.

We are told over and over again that we must take account of the feelings of <place downtrodden minority here> but we can safely ignore the feelings of the anglo white male.
      This guy felt that his world would end if he lost his kids. Faced with that he chose not to lose them. With a certain degree of certainty that he would not lose them he may have walked a different path.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
        WHS.

The nutter shouldn't have had kids in the first place.

Unfortunately, there are no mandatory qualifications for parenthood - apart from the obvious...

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
          Desperate men take desperate measures.
          There are no excuses, but something drove him to do what he did.

We are told over and over again that we must take account of the feelings of <place downtrodden minority here> but we can safely ignore the feelings of the anglo white male.
          This guy felt that his world would end if he lost his kids. Faced with that he chose not to lose them. With a certain degree of certainty that he would not lose them he may have walked a different path.

The guy had lost his wife, his job, and was about to lose his kids and his house through the courts. He had also been in contact with 'Fathers for Justice' and obviously felt that his life had been destroyed. I have a small amount of sympathy for him and other fathers that lose their children through the courts.
          Perhaps he thought that as he may never see his kids again for years, as has happened to some fathers....one was even jailed for waving at his kids as they were driven to school!!...... that his life may not be worth living. A very sad story indeed !!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
            Perhaps he thought that as he may never see his kids again for years, as has happened to some fathers....one was even jailed for waving at his kids as they were driven to school!!...... that his life may not be worth living. A very sad story indeed !!
            That's fair enough, if he felt his life was over... end it. taking innocent children's lives with him makes him an inhuman murderer not worthy of any sympathy IMHO.
            Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

I hate lawyers and the Family court system more than almost anything except Shane Ritchie and Fiona Philips, but there's no excuse for killing your kids.

As a new father I feel certain that however low my O/H stoops I won't kill my kid - I can see how it might get bad enough to top myself though - and to that extent I feel sorry for the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
                That's fair enough, if he felt his life was over... end it. taking innocent children's lives with him makes him an inhuman murderer not worthy of any sympathy IMHO.
                I don't think anybody is suggesting he should get sympathy, or his actions are in any way excused. I think what RateWhore was saying was this is indicative of the way fathers are treated, and perhaps a lesson should be learned.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  I don't think anybody is suggesting he should get sympathy, or his actions are in any way excused. I think what RateWhore was saying was this is indicative of the way fathers are treated, and perhaps a lesson should be learned.
                  I think it's dangerous to use the actions of one sad sick individual to make political noises in favour of some point or other. Hundreds or thousands of men go through the rough roller-coaster of the courts without resorting to murder.
                  Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
                    I think it's dangerous to use the actions of one sad sick individual to make political noises in favour of some point or other. Hundreds or thousands of men go through the rough roller-coaster of the courts without resorting to murder.
                    Agree - how many women kill themselves and their kids, seems just as common an occurrence as men doing the same- who should we blame for that?
                    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Working...
                    X