PDA

View Full Version : Mortgages......

aceboy
17th June 2008, 11:47
Hi there, I am a newbie to this, having only been contracting since Sep07. My last fixed rate mortgage has expired and I want to get a new one.

1) As I have not completed a full year yet, can I get a mortgage? What will I need to show
2) Does anyone know any good deal out there for a 2 year fixed period?

I have an LTV of 40% and want 15 years....

Thanks

ferret
17th June 2008, 11:51
http://www.contractoruk.com/money/mortgage_quotation.html

These guys deal solely with contractors and will be able to tell you what the current market is like.

Lockhouse
17th June 2008, 12:04
I've just moved to HSBC and their "Match Your Existing Rate" offer. Cost me a grand but was miles better than staying with the Halifax. Wanted 3 year worth of accounts OR a letter from my accountant.

KevinS
17th June 2008, 12:06
I got a mortgage after contracting for just 3 months - all they wanted was copies of my invoices and a letter from my accountant (admittedly this was almost 3 years ago now)..

aceboy
17th June 2008, 12:20
Many Thanks. Does anyone have a telephone number for Link that ferret posted, I prefer to talk through things...

Thanks

scooby
17th June 2008, 12:23
Many Thanks. Does anyone have a telephone number for Link that ferret posted, I prefer to talk through things...

Thanks

no, mail or fill out the form. they respond in a reasonable fashion!

milanbenes
17th June 2008, 12:24
aceboy

you got a passat ?

Milan.

aceboy
17th June 2008, 12:30
aceboy

you got a passat ?

Milan.

EH? you mean a VW passat? if so, no, I don't.....if you mean something else, I have no idea what you mean....sorry

oracleslave
17th June 2008, 12:36
EH? you mean a VW passat? if so, no, I don't.....if you mean something else, I have no idea what you mean....sorry

The sad git does indeed mean a VW passat.

DimPrawn
17th June 2008, 12:47
I have an LTV of 40% and want 15 years....

Thanks

:spel

I have an LTV of 40% heading towards 100% rapidly.

milanbenes
17th June 2008, 13:11
feck's sake DimPrawn drives an LDV !!

Milan.

Tensai
17th June 2008, 16:38

Thanks

I've just done a re-mortgage through them, try talking to Simon. Numbers here (http://www.contractorfinancials.com/contact.html).