• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Too Much Credit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too Much Credit

The other week I paid my credit card off in full.

I've just realised that I'd already paid it off in full a few days before that.

So I've now got about £600 sitting there not earning interest

Better get spending, I suppose

you sure it doesn't pay interest nick?

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
      you sure it doesn't pay interest nick?
      Yup. Bloody cheapskates

Comment

I did exactly the same thing about 3 years ago!
        Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Happens to me frequently.
          day 1: go over the limit a couple of days before the DD would have paid it off
          day 2: get the card refused everywhere and have to phone up a patronising woman in Madras to pay off the balance and get things moving again
          day 3: DD goes in anyway and pays off whatever the balance was on day 1.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I did something similar a few months ago. I have two cards, one of which I hardly use. By mistake I paid off the main balance on one on the other card. Couple of calls later, one card refunded me the money in credit no problem and the other waived the months interest on the balance I thought I'd paid off.

Simple, and I'm the sort of responsible customer they hate who pays their balance off in full every month.
            Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
              Simple, and I'm the sort of responsible customer they hate who pays their balance off in full every month.
              Same here, I don't think any credit card company has ever had a penny off me. I was fully expecting to get one of those letters from Egg earlier this year, but instead they chose to raise my credit limit for some reason.
              Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                Same here, I don't think any credit card company has ever had a penny off me. I was fully expecting to get one of those letters from Egg earlier this year, but instead they chose to raise my credit limit for some reason.
                I think they do that in the hope that you'll succumb to temptation and put enough on there that you can't afford to clear it all

Either that or they've got your records mixed up with those of an unqualified sixteen-year old single mother who wants a nose job.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

You really need that when on the bench!

Waddya gonna buy? A short holiday or a Mac laptop?
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                    You really need that when on the bench!

Waddya gonna buy? A short holiday or a Mac laptop?
                    Not sure... a variety of sex toys perhaps, although they aren't much use when one's single

I wouldn't be massively surprised if I realised one day that I've spent it all on buying domain names and funding Amazon EC2 machine instances

Comment

Working...
                    X