• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

laser eye surgery

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

laser eye surgery

i am thinking of getting this done very soon.....its not cheap been quoted prices from £2900 to £3900. Thinking of either using Ultralase or Optical Express...

Just querying if anyone has experiences to share, any tips and how to choose a clinic. I have visited 2 clinics of above, and find it hard to choose which to go for, and not let price sway me too.

shame cant claim this as a business expense lol

have you thought about getting it done abroad...
    might get huge price savings, enough for a holiday whilst you're over there getting it done.

EDIT: Obviously still get it from somewhere reputable though
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      have you thought about getting it done abroad...
      might get huge price savings, enough for a holiday whilst you're over there getting it done.

EDIT: Obviously still get it from somewhere reputable though
      no way getting it done abroad, i want somewhere local which can offer immediate after care. also cant get abroad too busy with work and family.

Comment

I was thinking of having this done too, would be grateful for any experiences.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

You are being ripped off at those prices. IIRC an ex-bird of mine had a buy one get one free from boots - about £600.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Bogof

Does anybody buy just one? And if you were just buying one, would you actually want the free one?

Comment

Yep, I've had it done last year and am an expert on the whole thing. Tell me your prescription age and any questions you have. I used Ultralase incidentally, they were nice and local and have modern kit. The Doctor is important too, 99% of the surgeons at any clinic will either be obviously just off the boat or have a long unpronouceable surname. Try not to let that put you off.
              Last edited by TimberWolf; 17 June 2008, 20:15.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
                Does anybody buy just one? And if you were just buying one, would you actually want the free one?
                Yep, you could have just one eye done under certain unlikely circumstances (middle aged and have a low myopic prescription in the other eye).

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  Yep, I've had it done last year and am an expert on the whole thing. Tell me your prescription age and any questions you have. I used Ultralase incidentally, they were nice and local and have modern kit. The Doctor is important too, 99% of the surgeons at any clinic will either be obviously just off the boat or have a long unpronouceable surname. Try not to let that put you off.
                  my prescription is about -3.5 in each eye, pretty stable for past few years. I cant decide between UL and optical express. Which clinic did you attend?

Comment

Incidentally there is a good site that explains everything in great detail here:

http://www.usaeyes.org/ask-lasik-expert/

Ultralase have a forum too, but it's more of a patient comfort zone.

Comment

Working...
                    X