• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I actually failed Baseline Check Enhanced

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually failed Baseline Check Enhanced

Hi all,

I've posted on here a couple of times about failing to get SC cleared. Last week I finally found out why and it was a result of too many speeding fines over my 20 year driving history. However, after a conversation with HMPS yesterday, I've learnt that I didn't even get as far as the process for getting SC cleared and I failed "Baseline Check Enhanced".

Now I personally find this absolutely ludicrous. The job would not have involved any driving and the speeding fines have never been for anything more reckless that doing maybe 37 in a 30 or 50 in a 40 etc.

Now I am of the strong opinion that they have fobbed me off with this reason because they don't want to reveal the real reason as it would maybe be less tangible. The reason I doubt this is the real reason is because I know 2 people who work for HMPS, one of which got charged with criminal damage after trashing his ex's flat. This was a month or so before being recruited. The other person has a drink driving ban from about 6 years ago and the ban was extended as he was caught driving during the ban.

Whats everybody's elses opinion on this? I don't want to sound like somebody who is dwelling on it too much as I'm not and actually start a new job on Monday. I just need a bit of a sanity check on this. Should I just accept that my speeding fine record is truly a fair reason for having a job offer withdrawn or am I right in thinking that this is totally unreasonable.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts

Mike

I thought speeding fines were pretty much ubiquitous these days? Anyone not been ticketed?

Comment

I suspect you are right. not only have I had speeding tickets, I narrowly avoided a ban after being caught at 101 and having to go to court. I told the Security guy all this at the time, but I still got BC and BC+ without a problem
      Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        I thought speeding fines were pretty much ubiquitous these days? Anyone not been ticketed?
        they are, plus there is the ten year rule, where you do not have to declare it if the time lapsed in 10+ years.

Did you declare the speeding fines within the last ten years??
        I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Me!

Stopped numerous times but never prosecuted.

Comment

Anyone not been ticketed?
            Me. I have gadgets that provide relevant information to help me control my speed in certain areas.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
              Me. I have gadgets that provide relevant information to help me control my speed in certain areas.
              I do *NOW* which is why I haven't had a ticket in years (touch wood).
              The satnav speed camera list has been the single best value for money product I've ever bought.
              Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
                they are, plus there is the ten year rule, where you do not have to declare it if the time lapsed in 10+ years.

Did you declare the speeding fines within the last ten years??
                There's no time limit for SC clearance. You need to list all recorded offences. Even cautions, sober up in the cells type incidents. They will fail you if they think you're trying to cover something up.
                Bored.

Comment

Unfortunately they're under no obligation to tell you why you've failed, and there's bugger all you can do about it. Probably best to move on from it...
                  ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
                    There's no time limit for SC clearance. You need to list all recorded offences. Even cautions, sober up in the cells type incidents. They will fail you if they think you're trying to cover something up.
                    He didnt get as far as sc checks. They weeded him out earlier on their baseline check.

Just put it down to experience my friend and adopt the 'fck you' CUK face of defiance.
                    (\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X