• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Maybe a daft question...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe a daft question...

Are there any implications with regard to the following scenarios:-

1. Paying yourself for an extended period of time out your company, whilst not actually working on a contract etc, or no revenue coming into your company.

2. Paying just your wife but not yourself a wage out the company (~circa 6k for part-time work), even though you are the one bringing in (or brought in already) the majority of the money.

I'm seriously considering building up a pot of money in the company to fund a bit of time out to spend with my family/kids etc, with the possibility of doing some education/training etc during this.

Has anyone here actually done this, or know of any useful information which might not be obvious?
    Last edited by chris79; 18 June 2008, 11:02.
    The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

providing there is money in the Business Account to pay wages [ and not money earmarked for VAT, CT ect ] then you are fine.

This is standard business practice, anything else is really showing you to be a disguised employee..

I would go as far as to say that if your company stopped paying you, I would take your company to court..
    Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Working...
    X