• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Customs...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customs...

I have a package being held at customs, it's imported bike stuff from the states, been with customs for 10 days now with no word from them. Anyone have a number of who you're supposed to call? I've trawled the interweb but can't find anything at the mo...
    ...for aerodynamic purposes

Do you want us to wipe your bum as well?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

When I said 'I've trawled the interweb but can't find anything at the mo' that was the clue to the fact that I don't know and haven't been able to find the contact number. Oddly enough this post was aimed at anyone who's been in a similar situation and has worked out how all this works in the past. But thanks for your helpful post anyway.
      ...for aerodynamic purposes

Comment

Normally your courier company i.e. Royal Mail handles that stuff for you whether you want them to or not, and you pay a nice fee for the privilege.

This will lead you to the info you want click here
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by salazie View Post
          But thanks for your helpful post anyway.
          Don't mention it. My pleasure.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

First up, how do you know it is held in customs?

If you have a letter saying so, there will be contact details.

If the courier has told you it is in customs, contact the courier and ask for contact details.

If you know where it is being held in customs, get the phone number of the airport/port and call them.

Doesn't exactly sound like the Da Vinci code does it?

FFS
            HTH
            OMG
            IGMC

Comment

Last time I ordered a large shipment of PC's on behalf of client customs contacted me directly, they found a load of refugees in the lorry. Only took eight months to get the stuff back.
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                Last time I ordered a large shipment of PC's on behalf of client customs contacted me directly, they found a load of refugees in the lorry. Only took eight months to get the stuff back.
                A few years back I had a client who shipped a two year old server from the UK to the US. US customs were so confused as to why anyone would be stupid enough to send an obsolete piece of junk to the US rather than just buy a new one over there that they kept it for 12 weeks.

It was down to some "save money by centralising" policy rubbish which wound up costing vast amounts of money before they ditched it a year later.

Comment

I have a package being held at customs, it's imported bike stuff from the states, been with customs for 10 days now with no word from them. Anyone have a number of who you're supposed to call? I've trawled the interweb but can't find anything at the mo...
                  It is 999.

HTH

Comment

Have you tried eBay?
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                    X