• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Simon Mann

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simon Mann

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel sorry for Simon Mann?
    Was a time we would have sent over a few destroyers, shelled the port area, sent a few lads ashore and marched him out of there.
    He might be guilty (along with MT) but the plan was a win/win, would have done more for the people of E.Guineua than all the governments, Bonos & Geldofs put together.
    Now he's facing Hell on Earth. Doesn't seem right.
    Bored.

Them's the breaks.
    (He does have a point regarding young Master Thatcher though...)

A mate of mine (ex para - <spit>!) had his passport taken off him after he was "repatriated" after an escapade like this.

The guy's not allowed out of the country anymore.

Relegated to instructing at the local TA center where "they" can keep an eye on him...

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      Them's the breaks.
      (He does have a point regarding young Master Thatcher though...)

A mate of mine (ex para - <spit>!) had his passport taken off him after he was "repatriated" after an escapade like this.

The guy's not allowed out of the country anymore.

Relegated to instructing at the local TA center where "they" can keep an eye on him...
      He should buy a boat if he's that keen to leave...
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
        Is it just me, or does anyone else feel sorry for Simon Mann?
        Was a time we would have sent over a few destroyers, shelled the port area, sent a few lads ashore and marched him out of there.
        He might be guilty (along with MT) but the plan was a win/win, would have done more for the people of E.Guineua than all the governments, Bonos & Geldofs put together.
        Now he's facing Hell on Earth. Doesn't seem right.
        I believe that time was prior to passports? At height of empire...

If we are to invade anywhere it should be Rhodesia - and hold a free and fair election.

But there is no oil in Rhodeas or E. Guinea(and no political upside) so why bother?

Mann took a huge risk.

Anyway - once one gets East of Dover civilisation ends. Or is it South? Full of foreigners. They are all queer. And Ginger. Or is it both?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          But there is no oil in Rhodeas or E. Guinea(and no political upside) so why bother?
          There is a bit - they even have their own ministry
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

If we are to invade anywhere it should be Rhodesia - and hold a free and fair election.
            i keep wondering why someone doesn't send in the bloody army. surely there must be some resources we could plunder to make it all worthwhile.

(why are you calling Zim "Rhodesia" though? some kind of PoMo retro-imperialist affectation?)
            Originally posted by BolshieBastard
            You're fulfilling a business role not partaking in a rock and roll concert.

Comment

Nah shoot him and Mark T and put them out of their misery.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Taking on huge risks, prepared to murder and maim for money but they get caught. Why shouldn't they go on trial? The only reason Mark T isn't there is bacause his mum bailed him out AGAIN!

My heart bleeds
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                  Taking on huge risks, prepared to murder and maim for money but they get caught. Why shouldn't they go on trial? The only reason Mark T isn't there is bacause his mum bailed him out AGAIN!

My heart bleeds
                  You won't find any justice in E.Guinea
                  Bored.

Comment

Anyway - once one gets East of Dover civilisation ends. Or is it South? Full of foreigners. They are all queer. And Ginger. Or is it both?
                    BP, you forgot to mention The French.

Comment

Working...
                    X