• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Property Ladder (RIP)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Property Ladder (RIP)

Can't see where this programme can go now.

Last night they had two groups of loons trying to buy at the top of the Market.
    Kirsty and Phil were encouraging them to get their offers in soon or miss the boat.

"If you don't put a bid on this I'll snap it up myself as an investment, you have to be quick"

One couple bought an over inflated house in Fulham (up 150k in 18 months oops)

In the update, the other were unsuccessful but happy because the market had dropped since filming. Snap them up indeed!

OK OK I meant Location*3
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 19 June 2008, 08:40.
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Stand by for a return of DIY Changing Rooms type programmes like we had during the last housing dip. When you can't sell... improve.
    Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post

Last night they had two groups of loons trying to buy at the top of the Market.
      Kirsty and Phil were encouraging them to get their offers in soon or miss the boat.

"If you don't put a bid on this I'll snap it up myself as an investment, you have to be quick"

One couple bought an over inflated house in Fulham (up 150k in 18 months oops)

In the update, the other were unsuccessful but happy because the market had dropped since filming. Snap them up indeed!

Location Location Location

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
        Stand by for a return of DIY Changing Rooms type programmes like we had during the last housing dip. When you can't sell... improve.
        I hate those types of prog. Generally tacky and usually look like some primary school kid's project.

Unfortunately (future)Mrs PL loves them and so I have the weekly dread of getting home and seeing my lovely oak dining table covered in silver foil and potato prints!

They should be banned.

Comment

I've already seen some prog about doing up your home on the cheap. A newer version of changing rooms. Lower budget, if it were possible.
          Some grinning goon telling people to whack up a load of MDF around their fireplace and get some paint stencils for their wallpaper.
          That'll offset the 30% capital depreciation you'll suffer in the next few years!
          Cheers!

Comment

Property Ladder was the do up the house on the cheap one wasn't it? Where every week they'd do some basic DIY and painting and sell it for double the price 6 months later and congratulate themselves on how they'd increased the value. No, the value increased because there was a property boom you muppets. All you've done is saved the new owner spending money on DIY.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
              Property Ladder was the do up the house on the cheap one wasn't it? Where every week they'd do some basic DIY and painting and sell it for double the price 6 months later and congratulate themselves on how they'd increased the value. No, the value increased because there was a property boom you muppets. All you've done is saved the new owner spending money on DIY.
              Yep, property ladder is the one with Sarah Beeny. She's actually a v smart developer, made a fortune on real developments (as opposed to adding an extension to a semi) and runs some dating site.
              Her progs were basically about some muppet slapping up some paint and putting in wooden laminate flooring, then selling for 20% profit after 6 months. Invariably they follow people with little or no experience of building projects who won't listen to FREE advice from a successful developer, and justify their decision to paint the kitchen yellow and install a £20K stereo system in a Hull terrace by the fact that the property increases in value over the period they own it.
              She was interviewed and made pretty much the same comment as you, that anyone can make a fortune in a rising market. Pah!

Comment

Originally posted by Cheshire Cat View Post
                Yep, property ladder is the one with Sarah Beeny. She's actually a v smart developer, made a fortune on real developments (as opposed to adding an extension to a semi) and runs some dating site.
                Her progs were basically about some muppet slapping up some paint and putting in wooden laminate flooring, then selling for 20% profit after 6 months. Invariably they follow people with little or no experience of building projects who won't listen to FREE advice from a successful developer, and justify their decision to paint the kitchen yellow and install a £20K stereo system in a Hull terrace by the fact that the property increases in value over the period they own it.
                She was interviewed and made pretty much the same comment as you, that anyone can make a fortune in a rising market. Pah!
                If anyone can make a fortune in a rising market, why didn't you?

Don't you like being very wealthy for no effort?

Comment

In the days of my yoof as a sudent I shared a flat in that block in Parsons Green. It was a shirthole then and it's still a shirthole now. I moved out after 1 term.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
                    In the days of my yoof as a sudent I shared a flat in that block in Parsons Green. It was a shirthole then and it's still a shirthole now. I moved out after 1 term.

Phil said it was a fantastic buy
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                    X