• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

different strokes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

different strokes

Abu Qatadar is released and continues to receive £1000 a month in benefits despite having been found to have £170,000 cash when arrested.

Over on Accounting/Legal you will find people facing penalties for trying to keep more of the money they had earned, by using possibly dodgy but seemingly legal schemes in the past.

Is it worth it?

Originally posted by expat View Post
    Abu Qatadar is released and continues to receive £1000 a month in benefits despite having been found to have £170,000 cash when arrested.

Over on Accounting/Legal you will find people facing penalties for trying to keep more of the money they had earned, by using possibly dodgy but seemingly legal schemes in the past.

Is it worth it?
    It's only fair.
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post

Is it worth it?
      What you talkin' about Expat?
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        Is it worth working here?

Comment

That nasty man, whom the UK would wish to extradite but can't because he'd likely face the death penalty but can't try as the crimes weren't committed here and can't lock up because it's illegal who is now subject to a pretty comprehensive control order has a lot of money, but is still on benefits. SNAFU.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Here's another Abu in the news:

Abu Hamza lawyers earn almost £1m from legal aid

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              That nasty man, whom the UK would wish to extradite but can't because he'd likely face the death penalty but can't try as the crimes weren't committed here and can't lock up because it's illegal who is now subject to a pretty comprehensive control order has a lot of money, but is still on benefits. SNAFU.
              Well that pop culture reference flopped.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Well that pop culture reference flopped.
                Ah, I get cha - Willis! very funny.
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Presumably that £170,000 was used to pay for coffee and digestives for the met coppers for a few months, so Hamza is now pennieless.

Comment

Working...
                  X