• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

GBP/EUR exchange rate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GBP/EUR exchange rate

... is pretty p1ss poor at the moment - if you're buying Euros. What's the panels view as to where it will be this time next summer, what with rampant inflation and interest rate rises coming our way?

About the same, improvement, or worse ?

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
    ... is pretty p1ss poor at the moment. What's the panels view as to where it will be this time next summer, what with rampant inflation and interest rate rises coming our way?

1 GBP = 1.1578 EUR
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Looks good to me. The pounds worthless means more rich foreigners can come here and live tax free as non doms.

What's not to like?

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
        ... is pretty p1ss poor at the moment - if you're buying Euros. What's the panels view as to where it will be this time next summer, what with rampant inflation and interest rate rises coming our way?

for a year link

Prospect - worse. Eurozone to raise rates very soon. UK caught in the headlights and wont do anything and will be run over.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

There are a few contract opportunities in Euroland I'm pursuing - starting to look more and more favourable every day.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Brain drain as anyone with sense goes and works for a currency that's actually worth something.

Doomed.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Brain drain as anyone with sense goes and works for a currency that's actually worth something.

Doomed.
              It's almost tempting to go back to Moscow for 6 months.

Almost...
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                1 GBP = 1.1578 EUR
                I was thinking parity, but I'm liking 1.1578. Is it the spread mid-point?
                Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
                  I was thinking parity, but I'm liking 1.1578. Is it the spread mid-point?
                  Made it up. igindex only do far quarter on FX - they have it at 1.266 (7898.0)

Comment

Since roughly the beginning of the year;

Average (153 days): 1.28844
                    High: 1.35200
                    Low: 1.23460

Current: 1.2714

So for those of us who invoice in Euro, it's not as good as it has been but it could be worse.

Comment

Working...
                    X