• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More sound xoggoth science - how to defeat speed cameras

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More sound xoggoth science - how to defeat speed cameras

After the usual extensive research I have come up with a foolproof plan.

Film in these cameras is cheap and not very discriminating as regards colour. Therefore, if you go through them at 45.6% the speed of light the consequent doppler shift will ensure that they are unable to distinguish the yellow or white surround from the black numbers on your number plate.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

The idea has merit, but I think not for the same reasons...

The black and white of the numberplate are only at the wavelengths detected by the human eye. The film used in speed cameras is more sensitive to ultraviolet, so going faster may actually aid them.

There again, digital speed cameras use sensors that are more sensitive to infrared. If your car was going quite that fast the whole front of the car would glow white hot, thereby blinding that camera.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

I think that if you were travelling that fast, your number plates would fall off.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
        After the usual extensive research I have come up with a foolproof plan..
        Drive more slowly?

Comment

The only way to beat the speed cameras is....

Have a powered plate made up of LEDs that are either black or yellow when not powered but all black or all yellow when powered and make up your plate from these.
          Build a circuit to strobe these fast enough for the human eye to see a constant plate, but a speed camera will only get a black or yellow bar.
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
            The only way to beat the speed cameras is....

Have a powered plate made up of LEDs that are either black or yellow when not powered but all black or all yellow when powered and make up your plate from these.
            Build a circuit to strobe these fast enough for the human eye to see a constant plate, but a speed camera will only get a black or yellow bar.
            High intensity infra-red source behind the number plate and a heart-beat monitor to explode your car when the police shoot you in the back of the head 8 times for doing 34 in a 30 limit.

Comment

An alternative I had considered for radar traps was a radar TRANSMITTER mounted in the car. Tuned to vascar (or whatever it is) frequency.

Imagine coppers face when his gun is showing a speed of 500 mph or speed of sound/light whatever.
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
                An alternative I had considered for radar traps was a radar TRANSMITTER mounted in the car. Tuned to vascar (or whatever it is) frequency.

Imagine coppers face when his gun is showing a speed of 500 mph or speed of sound/light whatever.
                or a massive directional EMP generator under your bonnet!

Comment

The answer may be in the movies

1/
                  James bond had a revolving number plate on a DB5/6, so all you have to do is rotate the number plate whist speeding through the camera and then rotate it back afterwards.

2/
                  There was a movie where a gambler cheated by modifying the printing plates for cards. Then whilst playing he could ID the cards as they were marked.
                  So either hack the software these things run.
                  Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

it's not that hard:
                    http://www.gadgetsuk.com/Photo-block...y-p-16685.html

Chico, what time is it?

Comment

Working...
                    X