• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where did google.co.uk go

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where did google.co.uk go

and big brother google.com
    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

working fine here
    Me, me, me...

Comment

it works through customer VPN

must be my ISP
      virgin
      Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Weird - I'm on Virgin too, and I can get to images.google.co.uk but not www.google.co.uk, maps.google.co.uk or news.google.co.uk. Same for the .coms

Looks like Virgin have managed to screw up the DNS entry for the most used site in the world

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Weird - I'm on Virgin too, and I can get to images.google.co.uk but not www.google.co.uk, maps.google.co.uk or news.google.co.uk. Same for the .coms

Looks like Virgin have managed to screw up the DNS entry for the most used site in the world
          Snap.

It's my homepage too!
          Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

I can get to it via my 3 cellular modem, so it definitely seems to be a Virgin Media thing

Comment

So who's gonna stay with Virgin when they start mailing out to people to stop P2P ing ...

They already throttle bandwidth on the fly ...
              Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Ah, it's back

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  I can get to it via my 3 cellular modem, so it definitely seems to be a Virgin Media thing
                  Maybe they're testing the phorm ad delivery solution!

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                    So who's gonna stay with Virgin when they start mailing out to people to stop P2P ing ...

They already throttle bandwidth on the fly ...
                    Not me. I saw on the register the other day about them also throttling between 10am-3pm or something.

QUOTE - we automatically reduce the speed of the heaviest users at peak evening times - between 4pm and 9pm. In extreme cases, we'll now also reduce the speed between 10am and 3pm

Linky
                    Last edited by miffy; 19 June 2008, 14:15.

Comment

Working...
                    X