• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Birthday present

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Birthday present

Right, it was my dad's birthday yesterday, and I'm seeing him tomorrow. I have two hours to think of something to get him before I go out at lunchtime.

You lot are clever, original, thoughtful, with a good sense of humour, right? Any suggestions?

Originally posted by Gros View Post
    Right, it was my dad's birthday yesterday, and I'm seeing him tomorrow. I have two hours to think of something to get him before I go out at lunchtime.

You lot are clever, original, thoughtful, with a good sense of humour, right? Any suggestions?
    Slippers/socks/cardigan ... the usual.
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

What kind of things does he like?

Books, magazines, music.

Does he prefer experiences to 'things'?

Comment

You lot are clever, original, thoughtful, with a good sense of humour, right?
        You forgot attractive, charming and well endowed.

Any suggestions?
        How much money do we have to play with?
        Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

A nice travel shaving kit with silver razor and a nice brush.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Digital photo frame (with appropriate nostalgic piccies stored thereon)?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
              You forgot attractive, charming and well endowed.

How much money do we have to play with?
              Sorry, naturally, you are all that too.

Cheap and cheerful is probably better, unless it's a really good idea!

Comment

Try here SFW http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/Producers.aspx

The Talisker 8 year old would show how much you care or the Ben Wyvis if you are feeling flush. Old Fettercairn and Highland Park do some nice old ones too.
                Last edited by The Lone Gunman; 20 June 2008, 09:17.
                I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                  Hookers/Drugs/Booze ... the usual.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                    Try here SFW http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/Producers.aspx

The Talisker 8 year old would show how much you care. Old Fettercairn and Highland Park do some nice old ones too.
                    Good call - was going to suggest a good bottle of whiskey.
                    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Working...
                    X