• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

florida - disney ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

florida - disney ?

Any top tips on taking the kiddie winks to Florida, possibly Sept and obviously would have to include Disney stuff ?

I'd sooner stay elsewhere and drive to Disney for a day or two but !?

Just had a look at the Virgin package deals, no mega cheap deals when staying at the Disney resort, looks like I can get there for about £1K flight only !?

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    Any top tips on taking the kiddie winks to Florida, possibly Sept and obviously would have to include Disney stuff ?

I'd sooner stay elsewhere and drive to Disney for a day or two but !?

Just had a look at the Virgin package deals, no mega cheap deals when staying at the Disney resort, looks like I can get there for about £1K flight only !?
    Although I have not been, from what i have been told, you definately want to stay there for at least a day or 2 because it is so large.

TM

Comment

We just back from 2 weeks with the kids from disney.
      When we booked we looked at virgin but found that thomas cook was cheaper.

We stopped at disney hotel and it was so easy to get to and from all the parks so we never hired a car.

Top tips
      • If you stop at a disney hotel then buy the re-fillable mugs - saves you loads of money
      • use the disney photopass that is available - disney photographers scan your card and they are available online when you get back
      • walkie talkies - wish we took some, but they can be bought at walmart for $30
      • univeral - refillable cups $8 and then 70c for a refill, or free if you want iced water
      • universal - when going on the rides consider "single riders" you get on them really quick
      • Fast pass - use it at all disney parks, then plan your day around it
      • Fireworks and shows - Epcot superb, disney studios excellent and magic kingdom brill

pm if you want any more tips.

Comment

There are lots of very nice places to stay in and out of Disney.
        Kissimee is a decent place to stay.

It will take you more than a couple of days unless you are only doing a bit of it.

There are height restrictions on most of the good rides. If your kids are too young/small then I would suggest you wait a while.

Day tickets are expensive. Get the combos. You can buy them from local agents or get them before you go from the holiday companies or the Net.

Sept is fairly quiet (I am told). If it is busy I would suggest purchasing the fast pass tickets for Universal. I would also suggest some clever use of your time to make the most of Disney fast passes as they need a strategy.

I went last year and we did a park a day for 12 days.

Kennedy is a bit boring for kids (unless there is a shuttle there).
        Dont miss Busch Gardens, it is worth the trip.

Best rides for me? In no particular order. All at Busch are good.
        Hulk, Spiderman, Aerosmith Rock n Roller coaster, The Mummy, Soaring, Mission to Mars.
        The water parks are good for a day chillin and have some great water slides.

So much to see..................
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
          We stopped at disney hotel and it was so easy to get to and from all the parks so we never hired a car.
          Did you go Room Only or pay for the food option ?

Comment

Do not pack much toiletries, sun block etc. Sacrifice a couple of hours and go to Wallmart.
            I would also suggest you pack very little clothing. 3 days worth should do it. Take a big empty suitcase then go shopping. Florida Mall is worth a visit. Wrangler jeans for 5 quid.

What monkey boy said about the cups is good advice.

You must find Moonfish and Baham Mamas for dinner. There is also a stunning Italian whos name escapes me.
            There are lots of places to eat on International Drive. Good and reasonable prices.

[edit]Oh yeah. House of Blues for food and music. Downtown Disney has a couple of great restaraunts. Hard Rock at Universal too.

This could go on a while.
            Last edited by The Lone Gunman; 20 June 2008, 09:50.

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

Room only, we would get up and have breakfast in the hotel.. Fruit and croissants. The kids would have cereal. The off to the bus stop for travel to the parks.

It was so easy using the disney transport. Don't forget the 3D/4D shows - truly excellent.

A comfy pair of runners for everyone is all the footware you need. The wife took loads of pairs of shoes but ended up wearing trainers more. Same with the kids.
              Our kids are 11 & 5, the youngest struggled with height restrictions on some rides, but if she was tall enough she went on it.

Comment

Didnt someone just post on this a couple of days ago? I'm sure it's been mentioned in the past. Try searching.

As mentioned previously - don't take kids that are too young, there's a lot of ground to cover and they won't get on the best rides - save it until they're a bit older.

Get the "Unofficial" Guides and follow the tour plans - you'll see everything and miss the crowds. Get to the parks early. Consider paying extra for the queue jumping tickets at Universal. Deffo use the Fast Pass - that's all explained in the guide books. I bought all my park tickets over here before I went - it's far less hassle. No shortage of nice villas to rent in the area - I prefer them to hotels.

Agree with the best rides mentioned above, plus don't miss the "Tower of Terror". That was superb.
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Depending if you are hiring a car then I-Drive is quite away from most disney hotels, but a $30 taxi ride will get you there.

Out of the 14 days we were there we took 4 taxi's. Sea world, universal x2 and discovery cove (dolphin swim - highly recommend)

We could have hired a car for the price of the taxi's but I couldn't be bothered.

Try and get the magical express but I think this goes in/out of international not sanford

Comment

I did a time share trade. Cost me 100 quid.

Go for room only. Food is cheap and available. Breakfast at Dennys or similar diner. DO NOT ORDER GRITS.

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

Working...
                    X