• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bill Gates's "senoir moment"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill Gates's "senoir moment"

I wonder if Bill Gates wasn't conveying a not too subtle message in what the BBC called his senior moment

He puts a box on top of his car, as he took Microsoft to the top. Then as he drove off, with the box still on top, it crashed to the ground spilling its contents. ..

Mind you, there was no suggestion he was pushed out, and apparently he'll still be turning up once a week. So maybe it was just a stunt or a genuine accident.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Feck, the one thing that can't be edited - the Title.

I was so busy thinking about BG's "senoir" moment I had one of my own and misspelled "senior"

Comment

I think it was some sort of stunt. Thought I saw this some time back? Don't recall the details what it was in aid of though.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        I think it was some sort of stunt.
        Yup, it's another example of that wacky Microsoft sense of humour, previously responsible for such madcap japes as the Win32 threading model, the Trident rendering engine, and most recently Windows Vista Home Edition

Comment

Was and interesting programme...I liked the Alan Suger bit..He didn't get that the money was in software until too late. And he's bitter about it.
          McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
          Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            I wonder if Bill Gates wasn't conveying a not too subtle message in what the BBC called his senior moment

He puts a box on top of his car, as he took Microsoft to the top. Then as he drove off, with the box still on top, it crashed to the ground spilling its contents. ..

Mind you, there was no suggestion he was pushed out, and apparently he'll still be turning up once a week. So maybe it was just a stunt or a genuine accident.

It was a 'joke', taken from his leaving video. BBC just borrowed it.

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
              It was a 'joke', taken from his leaving video. BBC just borrowed it.
              Fair enough, but it crossed my mind he might also be staging a little parable about Microsoft and how it will collapse after he has left.

Comment

I tell ya. I don't have enough finger and toes to count the number of times I've seen cars with coffee mugs and/or bags on top driving around. I laughed my head off.....'coz I've done it myself a couple of times.
                McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Anyone catch "Bill Gates: How a Geek Changed the World" on BBC2 last night? I missed it but I'll catch it on iPlayer at some point next week while it's quiet in the office. Love him or hate him (or be just generally indifferent to him) apparently the guy can do a standing jump over a chair - for that alone he has my respect.
                  Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                    Anyone catch "Bill Gates: How a Geek Changed the World" on BBC2 last night? I missed it but I'll catch it on iPlayer at some point next week while it's quiet in the office. Love him or hate him (or be just generally indifferent to him) apparently the guy can do a standing jump over a chair - for that alone he has my respect.
                    He learnt that from working with Steve Ballmer - you've got to be quick on your feet when the chairs start flying

Comment

Working...
                    X