• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The PCG

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The PCG

Whilst on this topic on another thread I would like to commend the PCG. I do not know much about it, but the only time I hear of it is when it is involved in court cases with regards to IR35. It may be winning it may be losing, I dont really care. What is important is that it seems to be focussed. It has taken a lot of stick (though not recently) and where it has been involved in any internal wranglings (aka Andy White awarding work to his own company) it has dealt with them.

The PCG has even been tempted to broaden its brief into involving itself in other areas but it appears that temptation has been resisted and apart from offering a few add ons to its services it has managed to remain focussed on what it set out to do.

Why is this? it is ultimatly because it is directly controlled by its members who's agenda is entirely their own self interest.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Whilst on this topic on another thread I would like to commend the PCG. I do not know much about it, but the only time I hear of it is when it is involved in court cases with regards to IR35. It may be winning it may be losing, I dont really care. What is important is that it seems to be focussed. It has taken a lot of stick (though not recently) and where it has been involved in any internal wranglings (aka Andy White awarding work to his own company) it has dealt with them.

The PCG has even been tempted to broaden its brief into involving itself in other areas but it appears that temptation has been resisted and apart from offering a few add ons to its services it has managed to remain focussed on what it set out to do.

Why is this? it is ultimatly because it is directly controlled by its members who's agenda is entirely their own self interest.
    I agree, and the fact there is an organisation to help contractors is a good feeling in this IR35 world.

Comment

Working...
    X