• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

request from Agency Handling renewal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

request from Agency Handling renewal

Hi all

Apologies if this is in the wrong catagory

I have been in a contract for six months
    this contract was renewed after 3.

It is up for renewal again and this time the agent handling it (the same one all along)
    has requested a number of 'compulsory documents'

/********/

In addition ******** require the following Compulsory Documentation:

VAT Certificate (if appropriate)
    Passport or other relevant documentation such as residence permit, registration certificate or Immigration Status Document [showing right of abode / right to work in the UK where applicable] (please do not fax copy of Passport)
    Proof of Residence [e.g. utility bill showing residential address, dated within the last 3 months]
    2 Referees (Form 4)

Please attach the above Compulsory Documentation to an email in electronic form (scanned, photographed, faxed or posted). Upon compliance with the Compulsory Documentation, Agreements in hard copy will be posted out to you for signing.

/************/

My question is this ... Why?

they have been receiving invoices with Vat number on them for six months
    and I am an employee of my company so why the other documentation ?

Is this usual ?

thanks in advance

Is it the agency or client asking? Or agency pretending client is asking?

Send a copy of the VAT certificate. It's no bother for you and it's not worth arguing about.

Passport, utility bill and references: tell them to sod off. Use something like the below in place of a passport

I hereby confirm that XLimited, a company registered in England, No.
    00000000, warrants that all employees of X Limited together with any
    individuals supplied by the company for work in the United Kingdom are either
    British citizens or have the right to live and work in the United Kingdom. I further
    confirm that all necessary checks required under United Kingdom law in this
    regard have been undertaken.

X Limited indemnifies organisations that use the services of X
    Limited against any costs arising as a result of any failure by X Limited
    in carrying out such checks on the eligibility of individuals so supplied
    And name & shame too

Comment

This has been brought up in a number of previous threads, try a search on passport.

I was under the impression that it was illegal to make a copy of a passport for any reason, this might be worth clarifying.
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
        This has been brought up in a number of previous threads, try a search on passport.

I was under the impression that it was illegal to make a copy of a passport for any reason, this might be worth clarifying.

Thanks Ive found It on other threads - sorry for duel post

And thanks for the help

Comment

Originally posted by Epiphone View Post
          Is it the agency or client asking? Or agency pretending client is asking?

Send a copy of the VAT certificate. It's no bother for you and it's not worth arguing about.

Passport, utility bill and references: tell them to sod off. Use something like the below in place of a passport

And name & shame too

I couldn't possibly name and shame - oh why not - Sandersons

Comment

Working...
          X