• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

VistaPrint scam!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VistaPrint scam!

I've fallen victim to a scam run by VistaPrint.

This explains how you end up losing £9.95 a month for life if you buy from them.

http://chiswickken.typepad.com/ringt...rint_a_wa.html

DO NOT BUY FROM VistaPrint.

I'm still trying to sort this out, months after it started.

The banks can do nothing to stop them billing and you can never stop the charges to your account.

DP, sorry to hear this.

Looks like "Martin Lewis" he of the "MoneySavingExpert.com" fame has got a bee in his bonnet about these people too.

There's obviously a link between "VistaPrint" and "VPRewards"...

Thanks for the advice and hope you sort this to your satisfaction.

Failing that, I believe Mr Molotov has a good invention for just such an event...

Comment

Barstewards - It's like somebody dipped into your pocket unawares and helped themselves.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I was kinda shocked to see this and spent some time Googling the scam. I had used VistaPrint in the past without any problems and was about to place another order, thanks for the timely warning.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Can't you just stop the card you used to purchase with, or did you (now regrettably) provide them with your bank details?

I won't buy anything from them again after seeing this post. Thieving gypos.
          Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Looks like theft and fraud to me.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              I've fallen victim to a scam run by VistaPrint.

This explains how you end up losing £9.95 a month for life if you buy from them.

http://chiswickken.typepad.com/ringt...rint_a_wa.html

DO NOT BUY FROM VistaPrint.

I'm still trying to sort this out, months after it started.

The banks can do nothing to stop them billing and you can never stop the charges to your account.
              Thanks for the warning. It sounds like a variant of the ring tone scam reported a year or two ago, whereby people who bought a ring tone were automatically subscribed at vast expense to some junk "newsletter".

Can't you just phone the bank and say you lost your credit card and can they issue a new one?

I think it's increasingly worth doing that *anyway* every few months, or after returning from holiday, to wipe the slate so to speak.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                I was kinda shocked to see this and spent some time Googling the scam. I had used VistaPrint in the past without any problems and was about to place another order, thanks for the timely warning.
                I have recently placed an order with them, and will never use them again, not for this reason though (I will be monitoring my credit card statement now!).

I ordered some 'premium' business cards, top whack price. The quality is piss poor in my opinion, only marginally better than the quality of the free ones.
                Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by blacjac View Post
                  I have recently placed an order with them, and will never use them again, not for this reason though (I will be monitoring my credit card statement now!).

I ordered some 'premium' business cards, top whack price. The quality is piss poor in my opinion, only marginally better than the quality of the free ones.
                  It's been a couple of years since I last ordered cards and stationary and I was impressed by the quality back then. It looks like things have changed so I'm off to find a local printer.
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

I've been using VistaPrint for years without a hitch.

However, when you place an order, you are given the chance to participate in another special offer. That is this tenner a moth malarkey.

I read the small print the first time I saw it a few years ago and decided it looked not worthwhile so never bothered.

But if you don't read the small print, it is a very attractive offer.
                    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                    X