• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Some Unwritten Rules

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Unwritten Rules

About?

Comment

Oh Lordy! I'd forgotten about No. 7 !!!!!

Looks like I'm going to be seeing my ol' muckers again
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post

Sorry, society - I'll bear those in mind in future

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
          1. think before you post?

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
            Oh Lordy! I'd forgotten about No. 7 !!!!!

Looks like I'm going to be seeing my ol' muckers again
            What?

Thou shalt return thy library books on time?

Comment

If a rule is "unwritten" then how are we supposed to adhere to it ?

Unless of course, it is passed on orally. A bit like the herpes-zoster virus in fact, in the the form of cold sores.

However, that's assuming everyone has perfect hearing.

Therefore, do "unwritten rules" not apply to deaf people ?
              Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
                If a rule is "unwritten" then how are we supposed to adhere to it ?

Unless of course, it is passed on orally. A bit like the herpes-zoster virus in fact, in the the form of cold sores.

However, that's assuming everyone has perfect hearing.

Therefore, do "unwritten rules" not apply to deaf people ?
                You never heard of sign langauge?

Comment

Interviewer :Stig, I've been told Dinsdale Piranha nailed your head to the floor.
                  Stig :
                  No, no. Never, never. He was a smashing bloke. He used to give his mother flowers and that. He was like a brother to me.
                  Interviewer : But the police have film of Dinsdale actually nailing your head to the floor.
                  Stig : Oh yeah, well - he did that, yeah.
                  Interviewer : Why?
                  Stig : Well he had to, didn't he? I mean, be fair, there was nothing else he could do. I mean, I had transgressed the unwritten law.
                  Interviewer : What had you done?
                  Stig : Er... Well he never told me that. But he gave me his word that it was the case, and that's good enough for me with old Dinsy. I mean, he didn't want to nail my head to the floor. I had to insist. He wanted to let me off. There's nothing Dinsdale wouldn't do for you.
                  So make sure you follow the rules!
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Never believe men on the net when they tell you how 'tall' they are

Comment

Working...
                    X