• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Diogenes Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Diogenes Thread

Someone one another thread looking for advice on buying a digital camera ..... and wondering if they can expense it.

Geez, no wonder the Revenue get suspicious sometimes. That's theft.

Originally posted by expat View Post
    Someone one another thread looking for advice on buying a digital camera ..... and wondering if they can expense it.

Your words... English, yes?

But what language is the ******* sentence written in?

Comment

I dunno, lots of companies have a digital camera in the office now, and if you are doing freelance design work/web development I could easily see a case for the company owning a digital camera.

Comment

I genuinely needed a digital camera for some work I was doing but my accountant said only claim back half the cost and take the rest as a BIK so that I would be able to use it personally as well.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          Your words... English, yes?

But what language is the ******* sentence written in?
          1 missing word: "on". Someone on another thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
            I dunno, lots of companies have a digital camera in the office now, and if you are doing freelance design work/web development I could easily see a case for the company owning a digital camera.
            Surely it is clear? If your Co needs a camera, and buys one, it is an allowable expense. And the camera belongs to the company, not to you.

If you are allowed by Your Co to use its camera for personal use, that is a benefit in kind, and should be taxable.

If you need a camera, go and buy one with your own money.

Surely all this is clear morally? No???

Comment

Surely it is clear? If your Co needs a camera, and buys one, it is an allowable expense. And the camera belongs to the company, not to you.

If you are allowed by Your Co to use its camera for personal use, that is a benefit in kind, and should be taxable.

There's no place for morals on this site. No sir!

Comment

And Dodgy problaby really needs to take pictures of perspective PAs.

Comment

Ah, but moral clarity in such matters might seem a wee bit overzealous if you find yourself surviving on economy brand dogfood in your retirement

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
                    And Dodgy problaby really needs to take pictures of perspective PAs.
                    prospective?

Comment

Working...
                    X