• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The official CUK Glastonbury 2008 thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The official CUK Glastonbury 2008 thread

So, anyone else going?

Looking forward to Elbow, Raconteurs and the Ting Tings. Oh, and also spending a disproportional amount of time in the dance tent
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Yep, been checking out the schedule today:

So many bands, quite a few tough choices as well:

Kings of Leon, the Enemy, Cribs, Courteeners, Massive Attack, CSS, Pigeon Detectives, The Verve and tonnes more ...

Play it by ear, but weather is looking up (After the forecasts looking really crappy over the weekend) ...

I'm also mulling over Jay-Z - I strongly suspect he could giving an absolute blinder of a performance, he's got a point to prove in a big way and there are rumours going round that he's gonna make his set extra special (Lots of guest appearances etc).
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post

I'm also mulling over Jay-Z - I strongly suspect he could giving an absolute blinder of a performance, he's got a point to prove in a big way and there are rumours going round that he's gonna make his set extra special (Lots of guest appearances etc).
      In other words having people on stage that the audiance actually want to see instead of him

Fair play to him, if he handles it half as well as the rapper they booked at Donnie this year he'll do well.

Plus I doubt they'll be handing out free tubs of Mueller Rice at Glasto
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Hmm - massive attack at the same time as Jay-Z... MA will be busy... I thought I'd give it a chance by downloading one of his CDs to check it out, as I quite like good hip-hop, however it didn't do anything for me, so think I'll give that a miss. Kings of Leon should be good as you say. Also Fatboy Slim playing in the dance tent if you're into that sort of thing
        "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
          Hmm - massive attack at the same time as Jay-Z... MA will be busy... I thought I'd give it a chance by downloading one of his CDs to check it out, as I quite like good hip-hop, however it didn't do anything for me, so think I'll give that a miss. Kings of Leon should be good as you say. Also Fatboy Slim playing in the dance tent if you're into that sort of thing
          Toughie - Jay-Z, Massive Attack or CSS, plus the proclaimers are playing all at same time. I'm not a massive Jay-Z fan by any means, but all those others I'd almost go and see anyway - I'd never go see Jay Z (I was into hip-hop years ago, but got kinda bored with all the me and my bling tulip) but I think festivals sometimes are all about doing stuff you'd not normally do ... and I just suspect that anyone who's that big a star, with as much back catalogue as he's got, and a huge point to prove might just pull it off ...

Fat Boy Slim I'll miss - I've seen him three times over the years, and he's never, ever been anything better than ok (Last time I saw him - two years ago he was complete pish!).

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

So That's why it starts raining here come end of june! Can't they shift it to December?
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
              Toughie - Jay-Z, Massive Attack or CSS, plus the proclaimers are playing all at same time.
              Lol - reminds me of the blackadder the fourth line: "and when I asked her if her went to one of the great universities - Oxford, Cambridge, Hull - she failed to notice that only 2 of these are great universities" !

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Check this out:

Golden Silvers

http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/mu...00/7462899.stm

Might be worth a look - they play early on the saturday on the other stage. Followed by Los Campesinos who I've seen before and are most entertaining.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Lol - reminds me of the blackadder the fourth line: "and when I asked her if her went to one of the great universities - Oxford, Cambridge, Hull - she failed to notice that only 2 of these are great universities" !
                  I know - but sometimes the really cheesy bands (i.e. the proclaimers) are the most fun ... how many times have you been to see a big act and been disappointed vs see a smallish one and been blown away?

Comment

Check this out:

Golden Silvers

http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/mu...00/7462899.stm

Might be worth a look - they play early on the saturday on the other stage. Followed by Los Campesinos who I've seen before and are most entertaining.
                    Might be worth a look - think I'll spend most of my time away from the main stage ...

Comment

Working...
                    X