• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Digital video camera with SD card

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digital video camera with SD card

Anyone have one of these?

Was thinking of getting a HDD video camera but apparently these have been superceded by the SD card ones.

Looking to spend circa £300 to £400.

I own a Sony HDR-SR1E from FEb 2007 - priced around €1100,- and having 30GB. I use it for technical documentation and it works really fine.

Since the newer types come with 50GB or even more, I expect the price for this model to be around €800,- now. If you get a used one, it should meet your money propsal.

The Cam records Films in HDD 16:9 and MPG4 SD 4:3 directly to disc.
    It also records images to disc or to 4GB SD Cards.

Hope I helped.

Comment

Digital Video Cam

I bought myself a Panasonic HD video cam that uses SDHC cards (Class 4 - to match the correct data rate). It's dead light and superb quality, of course. You replay through your HD-ready telly via HDMI or copy to DVD via video leads (SD quality, though still good) or archive to the 'puter in AVCHD format.

Personally, I copy to the "My Videos" section of my computer and keep the SDHC cards locked and buy new ones. At £18 a card it's not a problem.

Have a look on www.kelkoo.co.uk for prices on cameras and cards.

Comment

Working...
      X