• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chap from Regressive just called...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently the contract market is going wild.

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Some of the pimps I've been speaking to have been saying that the market is unstable rather than stagnant. A lot of ClientCos have been waiting after the Apr year end to see how the economy is going in light of the much-hyped recession. But the work is still needing done, people are still buying stuff (retail up 3.3%) and so there are quite a few contracts coming out about now as clients try to spend the money they've been hoarding.

But then it was a pimp who told me that. They'd tell you the moon was green cheese if they thought they could make a buck from it.
    Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Everybody here (who isn't direct - like me ) is with regressive. Just got a new chap in today.

RPG on your CV?
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        He was working off a CV that I created in 2001...

Goodness knows what I put on it way back then.
        I bet that's an odyssey...

Comment

.Net I presume !

The market is proving pretty resilient considering all the gloom out there, but saying that my phone has gone quiet this past week or two.

The S3 lot do you make you laugh, I'm with a newer S3 bunch but exactly the same lines and tactics.

Comment

Boomed!
            "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Maybe

Wishful thinking on their part.
              Nevertheless, expect some upturn in the next month or so.
              Lots of stuff put off for the 2nd half of the year.

Comment

Sadly, Progressive are bollocks purveyors of the first order.

Sorry, Zeity.

Rely on jobstats instead.

(nag, nag, nag, regional development agency, nag, priority one area, nag, venture wales, nag, nag, nag...)
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I've personally hired 5 new people in the last 3 weeks. This is in retail. Business is booming over here.
                  Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

I spoke to 2 pimps today. Both extremely bullish!

JUst as well as my agency mobile is now on. I intend to find a decent clientco

Comment

Working...
                    X