• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wimbledon Day One...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wimbledon Day One...

...was very nice. Saw a mix of games as moved from court to court quite a bit.

Large Pimms at £6 a go went down very easily, especially with the sunny weather.

'Famous' person count not very impressive, but here is who we saw:

Rhys Ifans, Rod Stewart's daughters, Statto and the square-headed one herself, Clare Balding.
    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
    ...was very nice. Saw a mix of games as moved from court to court quite a bit.

Large Pimms at £6 a go went down very easily, especially with the sunny weather.

'Famous' person count not very impressive, but here is who we saw:

Rhys Ifans, Rod Stewart's daughters, Statto and the square-headed one herself, Clare Balding.
    Very nice. Another cracking day for pimms today. Roll on saturday when I plan to go.

Comment

It's likely to be the highlight of my week.
      Played tennis last night. Was great - except Mrs RH is about 500x better than me, so I'm happy to win the odd game or 5 in a match.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
        It's likely to be the highlight of my week.
        Played tennis last night. Was great - except Mrs RH is about 500x better than me, so I'm happy to win the odd game or 5 in a match.
        Oh dear, poor RH, it improves your game though, don't you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
          Oh dear, poor RH, it improves your game though, don't you think?
          I think so - she's teaching me, but the most effective thing she said was 'keep your eye on the ball'. I keep looking across court to where I want the ball to go, just before hitting it into the net. It is good playing against someone way better than you, gives you a goal to aim for.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
            I think so - she's teaching me, but the most effective thing she said was 'keep your eye on the ball'. I keep looking across court to where I want the ball to go, just before hitting it into the net. It is good playing against someone way better than you, gives you a goal to aim for.
            When I lived in Canberra my BF at the time was a fantastic player and I really improved because I hated him beating me all the time, I got lessons for the first time ever and got much better. Probably rubbish now, haven't played for yonks.

Comment

Any guy who has a wife that can beat him at a sport, needs a new sport or a new wife.

Comment

We're quite fortunate to have tennis courts about 100yds from the flat, so will hopefully have quite a few chances to improve this summer - if we have a proper one, that is.

Funny though - she does get a bit gnarly if I have a mini winning streak. I think she's quite keen to stay ahead of me.

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
                  Any guy who has a wife that can beat him at a sport, needs a new sport or a new wife.
                  That's very worldly of you tay, very mature.

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
                    I used to think along similar lines years ago when my wife earned near double what I did. Then I got over it.
                    There is NO sport however that she can beat me at.

Comment

Working...
                    X