• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

3G iPhone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3G iPhone

Anyone planning on getting one?

O2 are doing it on a business tarif thats not stupidly expensive this time around so giving it some serious consideration.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Network coverage on O2 is pretty poor compared to vodafone, unless you're always in a densely populated area.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I did some digging and it seems O2 are getting their act together with regard to 3g coverage. OFCOM have reassesed their coverage based on what they were required to achive under the terms of their 3G license and have said they have now achieved those targets and are building additonal capacity.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        Anyone planning on getting one?
        Me. Am due an upgrade (get at least one harrassment call a day) and hanging on for this.

Comment

I'll be getting one. Lack of 3G was always the showstopper for me, and I suspect a lot of others.

The third party app stuff is interesting, too - I think I'll be downloading the SDK, putting a little more time into Objective C, and seeing about the possibility of developing an alternate revenue stream

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            The third party app stuff is interesting, too - I think I'll be downloading the SDK, putting a little more time into Objective C, and seeing about the possibility of developing an alternate revenue stream
            That's an idea that's occured to me as well - there should be some interesting application possibilities given the upgraded spec.

I've just been playing with a HTC Touch Diamond - technically superior to the iPhone in some respects (going by the proposed specification anyway) but the user interface is still lacking when compared to the Apple device. I'm also keeping on eye on the forthcoming Samsung Omnia and Sony Xperia X1 (both Windows Mobile).
            Last edited by voodooflux; 24 June 2008, 14:36.
            Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Well I was until i saw the HTC Touch Diamond, now I dunno, really don't like buying apple kit lest I turn into one of the those trendy smug "apple users" W@nkers, It's like owning a BMW.
              Some people are like slinkys, totally pointless but the thought of pushing them down a flight of stairs never fails to put a smile on your face.

Comment

Originally posted by shelby68 View Post
                HTC Touch Diamond
                Is that available on a monthly contract yet? From where?

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                  Should be available on contract mid-July from Orange.
                  Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                    According to the 'Where to buy' page, Orange have the unit in question..

Edit: But the Orange shop only shows the TyTN II
                    The "Fit" hits the "Shan"

Comment

Working...
                    X