• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rentals

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rentals

Well

Trying to find somewhere to rent in London in an area that is not hazerdous to my health

Rentals in London are stupid..... crazy ... anywhere decent for a 1 bedder is £400/ week

Insane
    There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Perhaps it's a holiday home...
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan View Post
      Well

Trying to find somewhere to rent in London in an area that is not hazerdous to my health

Rentals in London are stupid..... crazy ... anywhere decent for a 1 bedder is £400/ week

Insane
      What area do you want to live in? You'll be surprised, there are a fair few bargains out there to be had.

Comment

Especially now.

St James is nice, or Chelsea

Belsize Park / Hampstead are lovely and close to the heath but the Northern Line is well, full of northeners. No it is tripe, 45 degrees in summer. I fainted twice.

Comment

Bargains

There aint no bargains.

You get what you pay for. If you not going to take it there are 10 mugs waiting in the queue.
          There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Well

Insane
            How else are we supposed to keep the riff-raff out?

Comment

There aint no bargains.

You get what you pay for. If you not going to take it there are 10 mugs waiting in the queue.
              Where are you looking? Best place to look is Loot/local papers and go direct. Avoid agency fees and popular websites where the flats are taken in less than a day.

Comment

Well

Insane
                Not too bad given the rates are higher.

Think of it - you work one day a week for rent, the other for food/transport/basic stuff

You get to do whatever you want with 3/5 of your income sans tax.

In the rest of the world you work 5/5ths for rent and basic stuff and people live by the dozens in one apt, so it's not too bad

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
                  Especially now.

St James is nice, or Chelsea

Belsize Park / Hampstead are lovely and close to the heath but the Northern Line is well, full of northeners. No it is tripe, 45 degrees in summer. I fainted twice.
                  Northern line goes quite far these days?
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
                    I didn't have any particular problem with the Northern Line in the last eleven months travelling from Edgware to Leicester Square. Mind, I was always careful to avoid the rush hour (leave Edgware around 9am, travel back around midnight). This also allowed me to avoid being in Edgware as much as possible

Comment

Working...
                    X