• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Paper MCSEs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paper MCSEs

MCSEs (or it's recently rebranded brothers) are worthless, gone are the days when the likes of Mordac get contracts based on this scrap of paper.

Are there any certs worth having these days?

I'd say Prince2 only.

Primary school certificate of web site development (with additional credit for knowledge of Front Page 97).

If it was good enough for the DTI's web site, it should be good enough for anybody.

Comment

Originally posted by DGK View Post
      MCSEs (or it's recently rebranded brothers) are worthless, gone are the days when the likes of Mordac get contracts based on this scrap of paper.

I'd say Prince2 only.
      CCIE - you can't fake it ;-)
      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by DGK View Post

I'd say Prince2 only.
        Leave Mordac alone you sockpuppet

Comment

we did the traffic lights assignment on the first year of mý degree

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
            Leave Mordac alone you sockpuppet

ahhhh the good old days.........

next we'll be asking 'shark v tiger, who would win'

Comment

sorry old timer, can't remember and I probably copied someone else's as there wasn't a viva for that assignment

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                The ZeitGhost(tm) Certificate of PIC16F84 Traffic Lights Programming.

Gets you a job anywhere, that does.
                Go on then, I'll have one.

Where do I send the cheque?

And leave the name blank on the .PDF, ta.
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  Using a PIC?
                  74-series TTL and LEDs... good days
                  Eeyore was very glad to be able to stop thinking for a little, in order to say "How do you do" in a gloomy manner to Pooh.
                  "And how are you?" said Winnie-the-Pooh.
                  Eeyore shook his head from side to side. "Not very how," he said. "I don't seem to felt at all how for a long time."

Comment

one subject I never understood was vlsi and flip flops j type d type etc and the procedures/processes/steps for calculating what is doing what and what about all that theoretical stuff about database design and normalisations and 3rd normal form etc, does anybody use these principles and theories in the their work ?

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                    X