• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Terms and Conditions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terms and Conditions

The Terms and Conditions of this forum include the following point:

2. Be nice to each other - no personal attacks on other users.
    Unfortunately, every thread seems to include personal attacks of some sort.

Name-calling and deliberate winding up are childish and petty acts. Is it beyond the realms of possibility that we can all be respectful to every other member of the forum? Please?

Moose

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post

Name-calling and deliberate winding up are childish and petty acts. Is it beyond the realms of possibility that we can all be respectful to every other member of the forum? Please?

Moose
    cry-baby

Comment

Moose
      knob
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

This is a serious point. I enjoy reading and contributing to threads on this forum, but I really can't stand witnessing people carrying out personal vendettas against other members. I can't understand why. Is it a lack of social skills, or a feeling of inadequacy that makes them act in an offensive manner?

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
          cry-baby
          I am not subjected to personal attacks, so it's not a case of me taking offence. I feel for the other members who are attacked for whatever they say.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            knob
            Yes, that's true, I am.

Comment

Annoys me too, Moose, and I like a bit of a rumble.

I think the issue is that people have different thresholds. Some people may be ok with a few spicy comments and just enjoy the banter, but others get annoyed.

For me, it gets out of order when someone takes it too far, but how far is too far?
              Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
                Annoys me too, Moose, and I like a bit of a rumble.

I think the issue is that people have different thresholds. Some people may be ok with a few spicy comments and just enjoy the banter, but others get annoyed.

For me, it gets out of order when someone takes it too far, but how far is too far?
                The Ts&Cs are quite clear. Some people are not adhering to them. That's too far.

Comment

. Is it a lack of social skills, or a feeling of inadequacy that makes them act in an offensive manner?
                  You've got it
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I was only hurt by someone who was meant to be a friend and turned out to be a lying dickhead.

Comment

Working...
                    X