• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bad role with good dosh

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad role with good dosh

Hi
    Ive been on same contract for 6 months with opportunity to extend as long as I like, reasonable dosh (good for north west)

Ive been contracting for 6 years with quite a few blue chippers
    but this latest one is the pits, terrible team moral (13 people left in 6 months, most people sit in silence), blame culture rather than leadership etc etc you get the picture

my question is are we all sell outs or should you walk from a lousy contract if it was well paid?

cheers
    Badgerpig

what's well paid?

Comment

It's all about the money. Otherwise we'd all be doing charity work, or in advertising (Or TV or similar with equally nice eye candy)

HTH.
      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

What's your current priority? Billing or smiling at work? Work that out and you have your answer.

I left a crap gig as I had a healthy bank balance. I might not have done that if I needed to build that balance up...
        Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

You could have a nice contract elsewhere and stay in a grim B&B, live out of a bag and have as good a knowledge of the congested UK road network as a long distance Lorry driver.
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
            You could have a nice contract elsewhere and stay in a grim B&B, live out of a bag and have as good a knowledge of the congested UK road network as a long distance Lorry driver.
            that's me right up to the congested bit.

Comment

Silly question unless you are a disguised employee. If you are a business, the company turnover is paramount. If you have free time even better - post on CUK or learn a new skill. FFS.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

If you're sitting on the bed in the mornings crying at the prospect of going in, then pack it in.

If you're just a bit miserable, well, that's why they have to pay you to do it.
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Do what I do: Grin and bear it.... smile when the money goes into the bank!!

Comment

I live therefore I invoice.

If it's not a skill strategic contract (i.e. you're only there to pick up a whizzy skill) then only money and going home to your family are important.
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                    X