• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Holiday home anyone?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holiday home anyone?

As i've posted in another thread, I'm going to get rid of my car as I never use it. The money can go on cabs instead.
    But also I'm thinking of getting property no.4 which will not be for renting but an indulgent holiday home. Probably in Crete.
    Anyone else bought in Crete or Greece generally?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

A bit too far for a weekend. How about Portugal?
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

no i love greece and especially the Cretans. The maddest, most hospitable, heavy drinkers in the world - but if you so much as glance at their daughters, they'll shoot you
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

not a good place for the sober flirt then
        Chico, what time is it?

Comment

Rebecca,

Just go at weekends . BTW, what's a munter?

Thanks,
          Pinto.

Comment

it means different things to different people. I suppose it depends what you consume and how much
            Chico, what time is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Pinto
              Rebecca,

Just go at weekends . BTW, what's a munter?

Thanks,
              Pinto.
              Where I come from it means rather unattractive. 10to2 sort of bird.
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                no i love greece and especially the Cretans. The maddest, most hospitable, heavy drinkers in the world - but if you so much as glance at their daughters, they'll shoot you
                what about their Plumbing systems?? yuk most of Greece have an awful pluming system .. you are not allowed to through toilet paper down the loo... that's why when I went there last time I vowed never again !!!

Comment

Question is ...

How would rate yourself rebecca? Are you a zero-pinter or a ten-pinter (or something in between?)
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown
                    what about their Plumbing systems?? yuk most of Greece have an awful pluming system .. you are not allowed to through toilet paper down the loo... that's why when I went there last time I vowed never again !!!
                    Well everywhere I've been has been Ok. Shouldn't go to those cheap Faliraki type places, eh
                    In Crete, it seems a septic tank is de-rigeur, especially in the the most remote areas. That or a shovel.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X